• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26

Tseres

150cc
OK. Sukhoi Fans. It looks like the final pieces have arrived from Redwing RC... The fortitude tank I use in most of my planes and I also decided to try a Quick Release bolt setup. Most everyone knows that I'm friends with Herve at PAU but what you don't know is that I'm also friends with Tim at Redwing. I try to support both companies as much as I can. You get great service from both.

I have my Camel lower wing pined to the building board right now. As soon as I get the wing finished I'm going to finish the Sukhoi. keep looking in.

DSC_0031.JPG DSC_0032.JPG

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Had some Questions about the wing locks. Found a video that can explain it better then I could.

I am certain R&D would not let anything through that was not tested completely. I considered these for the PAU but got afraid they would loosen in flight. Post some results when you have a chance?:yesss:

Tseres

150cc
I don't believe it can loosen up in flight unless something breaks loose. It has to be the rubber washer breaking the glue joint for that to happen. It's up to the user to tighten the bolt properly to make sure that don't happen. I will let you know good or bad once I've flown it for a while.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I have personally witnessed a wing jettisoned from an AJ slick using these and they were installed at a huckfest by Redwing owner. Resulted in complete destruction. I'm going to have to pass. I like good old fashioned bolts.

Sorry Tom.

Tseres

150cc
I have personally witnessed a wing jettisoned from an AJ slick using these and they were installed at a huckfest by Redwing owner. Resulted in complete destruction. I'm going to have to pass. I like good old fashioned bolts.

Sorry Tom.

Ah man. You burst my bubble.

sweetpea

100cc
I prefer 1/4x20 bolts glued in the wing with nylon wing nuts to hold the wing in the fuse. I make this modification on any plane that isn't already setup for it. Never had one of these fail.

I replace the wing nuts yearly.....they are like prop bolts. INEXPENSIVE when you buy them in bulk.

Tseres

150cc
I've sent off to B&E Graphix for some stickers. I told him what I had in mind and gave him free reign. Now I'm on pins and needles to see what he comes up with.

I sen't him these pictures. Thought you may want to see the before.
DSC_0038.JPG
DSC_0036.JPG
DSC_0037.JPG