• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26

Tseres

150cc
I got out on Tuesday and had one great flight. I made some changes to the CG. I moved the battery back about 4 inches. It seemed perfect at the beginning of the flight but I thought it was tail heavy towards the end. It was so close that I dismissed it. I refueled and started to take of when my friend Perry Vanmeter said hold up. Your muffler is loose. I turned around to check it and it was.

Let this be a lesson to you. The plane talks to you if you know how to listen. When I pulled the canopy off I found the batteries loose from their velcro straps. I should have known right away to look inside the plane but I didn't listen. When I moved the batteries I didn't have the straps tight enough so the batteries slipped out from under them. I did a poor job moving them. I thought it was good enough but it wasn't. Now I made a new battery tray and have it strapped in there pretty tight but I have to wait to fly it to check it.

IMG_0666.JPG

Last edited:
Tom, could you give me the inside diameter of the cowl. I am wondering if the DA70 would be a good engine for the plane. Thank you

~B

BalsaDust

If I remember correctly when I messured mine it was right at 11". Also I think Terryscustom said he though the da70 would fit but I may be wrong.

Tseres

150cc
Sorry I didn't see this sooner.I can measure mine for you and get back with you. I think Terry said the left side plug cap would stick out.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.I can measure mine for you and get back with you. I think Terry said the left side plug cap would stick out.

Thank you Tom, that was the main concern I have. I have a 3W55xi that I was going to use, but would like to explore all options.

Smitty

50cc
Back in the suck, USMC, we had a handful of em

Left Handed Torque Wrench
A can of flight line
Striped Spray Paint
An I.D. 10 Tango
All batteries names started with a BA so we'd send 'em after a BA 1100 November with an attached ST ring
A can of frequency grease

BJ Swope
In the Air Force it was:
A yard of flight line
Brushes for a vortex generator
We had the left handed torque wrench too
Smitty