• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Here is the Choke setup. All my planes with a cowl have some kind of a mechanical Choke setup that gives me access from the front. I don't like Servo chokes for many reasons but mostly cause I can't see if they are closed or open. Twins are easy they come out the bottom and don't need a bracket. Single cylinders require a little finesse.

In this case I made a flat bracket first but the geometry was off and it was to close to the choke arm. The choke arm was at the wrong angle for what I wanted so I had to make an adapter out of aluminum to correct the geometry. The support bracket needed the brace point to be moved forward so the angle of the rod didn't change so much between the open and closed position. Learned to do this on my DA-60. It's working great on the bench. Have to do some firewall work ( Clearance) then I'll mount it and take some more pictures.

View attachment 7065View attachment 7066View attachment 7067View attachment 7068View attachment 7069View attachment 7070View attachment 7071View attachment 7072
That's pretty cool. A friend of mine made some for my son and I for our Pilot Edges out of bar stock aluminum. Turned out really nice.

Tseres

150cc
I started making up the servo extensions. Also programed the elevator and the ruder. getting 45* up and 47* down. I did that on purpose. the ruder is 45 and 45.
I moved the antenna location for the receiver also. I have one antenna pointing down instead of up. I like it better that way cause it's out of the way.

. DSC_0084.JPGDSC_0085.JPGDSC_0086.JPGDSC_0087.JPGDSC_0088.JPGDSC_0089.JPG

SnowDog

Tom, really enjoying you put this one together...so many good build tips and a really fine looking airframe.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

Tseres

150cc
Here is another little thing I developed over the years. I call it the bridge. It's simply a way to keep the servo wire from falling back into the wing. However you can still remove the wire without breaking the bridge off. The opening is big enough to push the servo connector through.

On a previous plane I had to remove the servo wire. When I popped the bridge loose, a piece of the sheeting came with it. That was when I started to make the bridge big enough so that I can remove the wire when needed.

Made up the servo wires from the 20 gage 100 strand wire that I got from Taildragger RC. This works great. This is my first time using this wire. I was worried that the wires will be to thick and wont fit into the servo connectors. . They fit most of the time. I did have to remove a part of the silicone wire casing with the exacto knife on a couple of connections where it bubbled up after crimping. This was in front of the crimp thad holds the wire casing so it poses no problem.

Set up the maximum throws on the ailerons. Set the Max at 50 degrees. I think that's plenty for any plane.

Also mounted the Muffler using High Temp Silicone Copper instead of the gasket. I also removed the muffler studs and used 5 X 25mm socket head screws instead. Also used split lock washers and red lock tight on the threads.

DSC_0091.JPG DSC_0092.JPG DSC_0093.JPG DSC_0094.JPG DSC_0095.JPG DSC_0096.JPG