• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26

Tseres

150cc
How to Cut a Fiberglass No Limitz Spinner. This will give you an idea of how I do it. I learned how to do this from my friend Chris who you may know as Cspaced on the threads.

The first step is to make a paper. I use poster board from the dollar store. It's important to establish the screw locations to the bottom of the spinner. I tape on the poster board to the spinner as flat as I can and trace the bottom and the screw holes onto it with a pencil and cut it out with scissors and drill a clearance hole where the screws go. Now put this piece to the side for now. Take another piece of poster board and keep cutting it out till you have the shape you are looking for on the top side of the prop only. It is to hard to make an accurate template of both sides so that is why I'm only doing one side. Then take the backside template and line it up with the hole and the edge of the first template you made. then just hand draw the other side of the prop the best you can and cut it out. Cut out less then you think you need on the hand drawn side. Then fit the template to the prop using the two screw holes... When you have a fit that you like. Line up the template on the taped up spinner with two screws. Trace the cutout with an ink pen onto the masking tape. Do not try this a bare spinner. You can trace the opposite time with the same template. Then cut it out with a dremel drum sander. I just touch up the edges with fine sandpaper to smooth the edges.

Its not hard to do. Just takes patience.

DSC_0071.JPG DSC_0072.JPG DSC_0073.JPG DSC_0074.JPG DSC_0075.JPG DSC_0076.JPG DSC_0077.JPG DSC_0078.JPG DSC_0079.JPG DSC_0080.JPG DSC_0081.JPG DSC_0082.JPG DSC_0083.JPG