• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26

kork

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the heads up on the props/ just ordered a couple.
I like your lower table for working on planes.

Tseres

150cc
Was working on a friends plane for the last 2 days. Back on this one for now.

Switched out the wooden standoffs with the aluminum ones from SWB. Then I made a new throttle arm for the carb. Made a new throttle servo mount and set up the throttle.

My new 20 gage servo wires came in today from Tail Dragger RC this afternoon. I can make up my extensions and set up the servos. I have to be in the mood to do that so we'll see when I get started with that.
DSC_0042.JPG DSC_0043.JPG DSC_0044.JPG DSC_0045.JPG DSC_0046.JPG DSC_0047.JPG DSC_0048.JPG

Tseres

150cc
It's to close to Christmas so I'm busy doing other things. I do get a half hour here and there to work on the plane. Been messing with a choke bracket but the one I made didn't work. It was to close to the carb choke arm. I'll have to make one like I do for the DA-60 with a kick out. I'll get some pictures when I get the bracket finished.

Tseres

150cc
Here is the Choke setup. All my planes with a cowl have some kind of a mechanical Choke setup that gives me access from the front. I don't like Servo chokes for many reasons but mostly cause I can't see if they are closed or open. Twins are easy they come out the bottom and don't need a bracket. Single cylinders require a little finesse.

In this case I made a flat bracket first but the geometry was off and it was to close to the choke arm. The choke arm was at the wrong angle for what I wanted so I had to make an adapter out of aluminum to correct the geometry. The support bracket needed the brace point to be moved forward so the angle of the rod didn't change so much between the open and closed position. Learned to do this on my DA-60. It's working great on the bench. Have to do some firewall work ( Clearance) then I'll mount it and take some more pictures.

DSC_0053.JPGDSC_0054.JPGDSC_0055.JPGDSC_0056.JPGDSC_0057.JPGDSC_0058.JPGDSC_0059.JPGDSC_0060.JPG

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Very nice assembly TSeres.
I've been checking in on you guys from time to time. I've had a soft spot in my heart for Sukhois since my H9 Suk a
Few years back. Got off on Yaks after that, and been there ever since.

Tseres

150cc
Very nice assembly TSeres.
I've been checking in on you guys from time to time. I've had a soft spot in my heart for Sukhois since my H9 Suk a
Few years back. Got off on Yaks after that, and been there ever since.

Appreciate your comment and thanks for looking in.

Tseres

150cc
Last night I pinned the firewall. I actually used some flathead #4 X 1 screws. I predrilled and drove in the screws then took the screws out and put a drop of medium CA and put the screws back in. Then I put a coat of 30min epoxy thinned with rubbing alcohol to fuel proof the engine compartment. It was already fuel proofed but I did so much cutting on it that I thought I'd better redo it to make it last longer.

Got several things done this afternoon. I finished up the choke setup. Mounted the ignition. Cut clearance in the cowl for the ignition wires.

I got the drill guide in this afternoon from troy built. It didn't come with a center screw so I put one in it. Then I drilled the prop an the backplate.

I also got my McFueler fuel dot in. I robbed the graphics out of one package and put it on the plane with the PAU stickers that came in the kit. Got to have a little bling on there before Christmas. :angel:

DSC_0061.JPG DSC_0062.JPG DSC_0063.JPG DSC_0064.JPG DSC_0065.JPG DSC_0066.JPG DSC_0067.JPG DSC_0068.JPG DSC_0069.JPG DSC_0070.JPG

Last edited: