• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Old time Fav Slime Plane!

kwj48

70cc twin V2
I really liked my kaos. It was my second plane and it actually taught me a lot about flying. I still got it hanging in the ceiling.

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
stangflyer;2742 wrote: Favorite Slimer? Hands down, Carl Goldberg Eaglet 50. Powered by an OS FS20. The little plane that could. Truly the one I learned to fly on many moons ago. I believe I broke it in half, side ways, smashed the wing, crushed the gear, splintered the firewall, striped servos... and rebuilt it and recovered it about seven different times. By the time I solo'd, it was a darn nice flyin' plane. Think it flew better with each repair. Or maybe I just figured out that up stick is in fact not...up. LOL....

Seriously..... I still have my Eaglet 50 (OS 25 FSR), still the same as when I built it in 1985 ( the aircraft I learned to fly), I could not tell you how many flights I had on it, never wrecked it (I had a great instructor, god bless his soul) flew it for 3 years, and all I need to do is throw a receiver and a battery in it and I could still fly it (I actually flew it 3 years ago, 1 flight then put it away again)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
-Snuts-;4138 wrote: In 1976, my largest airframe was a Goldberg Falcon 56 (OS 35H-R/C). Got me flying very successfully @ age 16. I've had a bucket load since. But that one is dear in my memories.

-Snuts-

Isn't it nostalgicly warming when we remember really good stuff from our more youthful days? Thanks GSN for bringing all these awesome people and our fondest memories and passions together in one place.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Flyin4fun;4158 wrote: Seriously..... I still have my Eaglet 50 (OS 25 FSR), still the same as when I built it in 1985 ( the aircraft I learned to fly), I could not tell you how many flights I had on it, never wrecked it (I had a great instructor, god bless his soul) flew it for 3 years, and all I need to do is throw a receiver and a battery in it and I could still fly it (I actually flew it 3 years ago, 1 flight then put it away again)

WOW! I miss mine.... lol

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Carl Goldberg Skylark.. learned to fly on one and had a ball with it for many years... not made anymore.

Still have the plans... may build one just for yuks..

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
Anybody remember the Scooters, made by Fliteline..... God we went through them in the 80's combat......they were a kit, foam wings that you covered with posterboard paper, then covered, heck you could build one of these kits in a weekend.... wish they still made them.

-Rick-

100cc
Kaos 60s, how many I went though I can't remember. We had a member of the club who would take orders from us and build a bunch at a time, from scratch, with foam wings. We just had to cover them after getting them. He must have built hundreds. Guess he was ahead of his time, he was building us ARFs!

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
The coolest thing about all of the "old slimers" is you had to learn to build and setup an airplane to make it fly. I see people now who have no clue about setting up servos and throws mechanically. And repairing an airframe is a no-brainer if you know how to build one, but today if a wing is not available on the internet, in the right color, after a bad landing the plane is garbage.

Other people's garbage has many times been my next arf.