• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Old time Fav Slime Plane!

rcflyer

30cc
This is one I put a lot of miles on in the early 90's. Laser built from a kit (I just can't remember which one...Not a Lanier.)

Good old fashion G-62 with Bill Cunningham Electronic Ignition. Great scale aerobatic (pattern). We didn't know what 3D was.

Man....this thread has me digging into the old pics. Good memories.

David

Oooops....not a slimer....forgot what thread I was in.

4348=1736-laser 2.jpg
4348=1736-laser 2.jpg
4348=1735-Laser 5.jpg
4348=1735-Laser 5.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Daytonarc;4180 wrote: The coolest thing about all of the "old slimers" is you had to learn to build and setup an airplane to make it fly. I see people now who have no clue about setting up servos and throws mechanically. And repairing an airframe is a no-brainer if you know how to build one, but today if a wing is not available on the internet, in the right color, after a bad landing the plane is garbage.

Other people's garbage has many times been my next arf.

Ain't it the truth bro? Back in the day, "RE-BUILDING" was a pre-requisite to flying. LOL...

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'd have to say my favorite was one of my last slimers.....a model tech dragon lady 1.20 with a Saito 115 on 30% heli fuel. Super combo, fly scale or go up and hover either way.

Always thought that would make a super cool 100cc plane scaled up from the old kit built version.
attachment.php

4377=1739-DLady3164B.jpg
4377=1739-DLady3164B.jpg

BalsaDust

Seeing as it's the only slimer I have owned for any length of time then it has to be my favorite. Wild Fred lamyak 40. Was flying it with a SuperTiger 45 on a pipe but I'm in the process of changing over to a OS 45AX which will also be on a pipe. Should be lots more power than the super tiger.

4387=1740-image.jpg
4387=1740-image.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
This Bridi UFO with a very old custom ported O.S.60, Mac's tuned pipe and Rhom Air retracts gets an honorable mention as my favorite. It was the last glow airplane I flew before switching to gas.

4415=1749-Maiden_Day.jpg
4415=1749-Maiden_Day.jpg

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
1. Goldberg Extra 300 with a saito 120. The saito sucked but the Extra flew fantastic.

2. Stinger 10 with magnum 25

3. Lanier 1/4 scale Laser with webra 120. I could do full power dives from as high as you could see and do a positive snap at the bottom. (to this day my dad and I are not sure how it stayed together so long)

The Kaos was my all time favorite for sure, but mainly due to the pattern category... I think I had some of the most fun back in the late 80's with my Cap 21's and Super Chipmunks though!

Beautiful UFO Jetpainter! Think I said that before somewhere though..

Patroller

70cc twin V2
I remember the first time I ever saw a 60 sized pattern plane. At the time was yanking the heck out of a Super Sporster. That plane just loved to turn and I always obliged with the sticks. I was in absolute awe at an extremely talented pattern pilot flying a Dirty Birdy with perfectly straight lines and graceful turns.

Do-rag

100cc
As for my slimers I have had a bunch of the ones named Kaos, Flip 3D, eaglet 50, falcon 56, Sig Kougar, and the list goes on. Have not met a plane I really did not like.