• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Old time Fav Slime Plane!

I had a lot of fun with with my Profile Hots and my Hangar9 Super Stick. The stick is a work horse. I ripped the tail off it by striking a rock during take off at a friends back yard. Spliced it back together with some epoxy, and CA-ed a thin ply reinforcement over the splices for good measure and flies as good as new. I have thought pretty seriously about getting a big enough stick to put a 30cc gasser on it. I think it would be a fun one to get into gas engines with (I haven't yet made the transition, but I am working on it!).

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Profile Pilot;10598 wrote: I had a lot of fun with with my Profile Hots and my Hangar9 Super Stick. The stick is a work horse. I ripped the tail off it by striking a rock during take off at a friends back yard. Spliced it back together with some epoxy, and CA-ed a thin ply reinforcement over the splices for good measure and flies as good as new. I have thought pretty seriously about getting a big enough stick to put a 30cc gasser on it. I think it would be a fun one to get into gas engines with (I haven't yet made the transition, but I am working on it!).

For what it may be worth, once you dump the glow and go gas, you will never look back. Put a gasser on that Stick... I believe there are a couple of manufacturers making larger Sticks now. Perfect for a DLE 20 to 30. Upon doing so, you will silently and methodically walk over to all your glow planes...and give them a real swift kick. LOL.... Good luck on your venture.

Yakman

70cc twin V2
I have fun with my 20cc and 85cc Yaks, but i have the need for speed acrobatics too. A Great Planes Patriot with a K&B 61Twister with pipe. Another is a Great Planes F-15 with a YS45 with Macs pipe. And a Hanger9 F-22 Raptor with a 61 on it. Far difference in db levels and fuel consumption...

13415=7262-Extra1.jpg
13415=7262-Extra1.jpg

Yakman

70cc twin V2
I like my 20cc n 85cc Yaks, but i still like to fly my Great Planes Patriot with a piped 61, and a F15 Eagle with a piped YS45 and a Hanger 9 F22 Raptor with a 61. the need for speed