• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Old time Fav Slime Plane!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Bunky F. Knuckle;3706 wrote: Anyone remember the GP Fun One?? So good, I had 2 of them!

Oh heck ya. Couple of guys had them way back in the day. I had wished at that time, I was good enough to fly one. Tell ya how long ago it was? LOL....

It's not old, I just picked it up Wednesday, but I'm enjoying the snot out of it.

attachment.php

3836=1631-IMG_1406.jpg
3836=1631-IMG_1406.jpg

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
Twist 150 with a Saito 150 got me into trying 3D stuff. Get it up in the air, put on high rates then throw it all over the place. Ready to land? Just put back the low rates and it would float in.

Also like a couple pattern planes with YS 120's. Great Planes Venus II and a Sequel from Piedmont Models (Dave Guerin). Rides like a rocket on rails.

I bring out the slime about 25% of the time, just for fun.

I also still have the 3rd trainer I had. (First 2 suffered from my newbieness.) Once a year I bring it out just to reminisce about the simpler times in the hobby. Simpler now that I know how to fly it, anyway!

thurmma

150cc
Bunky F. Knuckle;3706 wrote: Anyone remember the GP Fun One?? So good, I had 2 of them!
Had one and it was a blast. We had 4 of them in our club in Iwakuni Japan while on deployment.

thurmma

150cc
I would have to say the slimer I had the most fun with was a Scat Cat with a 32 on a pipe. Go fast, turn left :) I flew that plane for 12 years. It was my go to plane for just burnin' holes in the sky. I replaced the piston and sleeve 3 times. Finally had to retire it when the wing holes were so oblong the wing would flop around a bit.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
thurmma;3869 wrote: I would have to say the slimer I had the most fun with was a Scat Cat with a 32 on a pipe. Go fast, turn left :) I flew that plane for 12 years. It was my go to plane for just burnin' holes in the sky. I replaced the piston and sleeve 3 times. Finally had to retire it when the wing holes were so oblong the wing would flop around a bit.

Back in the day, we had what was called, "tough-enough". Not sure if it was like your scat cat. But holy cripes...fast. Usually a turned up 25 on a pipe would get ya more speed than you could handle. LOL....and like you....go fast, turn left...go fast, turn left. They were a ton of fun.

wecoyote;2792 wrote: For smaller size: Sig Somethin' Extra w/SuperTiger 45.

For larger size: Sig 1/4 scale Cub with 1.20 Four Stroke.

+1...I had a blast with my Somethin' Extra and really missed it after I sold it. Also still have a Sig 1/4 scale Cub with a OS 120 III on it. IMO..It's the best flying Cub there is and does the best side slips. Gotta mention Sig Seniorita's and Morris Hobbies Top Cap's. It's really hard to have just one favorite.

Long John!

It was a kit by Texas Twins. It was designed for a fun-fly that was pretty big back in the 80's in Waco Texas. There were 20 size, 40 size, 60 size, and a 120 size. I've had them all, and the 60 size is by far my favorite ever! I currently have 2, one flyable and the other in progress. If you have the chance, fly one!