• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D My first Design. I Dubb it The ChubCub

Do-rag

100cc
cbarnes0061;17399 wrote: Hopefully my new möbius will show up in time to get the first flight otherwise it wi be taken on the old keychain camera I got. Either way the maiden will be caught on tape.

Might I say this thing balanced out perfectly and I was able to put the battery where I wanted to. Will we see on the mainden as I do think I have it shifted to be just a touch on the nose heavy side at first.

Good luck on the maiden look forward to the videos

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
cbarnes0061;17399 wrote: Hopefully my new möbius will show up in time to get the first flight otherwise it wi be taken on the old keychain camera I got. Either way the maiden will be caught on tape.

Might I say this thing balanced out perfectly and I was able to put the battery where I wanted to. Will we see on the mainden as I do think I have it shifted to be just a touch on the nose heavy side at first.
Let me know when the maiden is and I'll try to come out to video it for ya.

BalsaDust

Well I found some control arms on an old plane that I wasn't flying. Will get them installed in the morning when I get home from work and maybe try to get a maiden in on it if the rain holds off.

One of my probro buddies made me up some of these decals. I'm gonna come up with something for the other wing saying ChubCub as well but got to find a font I like.

attachment.php

17809=12131-image.jpg
17809=12131-image.jpg

BalsaDust

The maiden will commence in a little over an hour. Video should be up a little later this evening once I get to work.

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
Here are a few of the pictures I took of Chris's maiden flight of the Chub Cub.

I got second flight on it. It flew nice but as expected with a high wing, it did have an a symetrical flight tendency. I think with a bit of tweaking it will be a cool little plane. We discussed a few moderations that we think will help it out.

Chris got some video so he should be posting it soon.

17993=12351-Chub Cub 01.JPG]
17993=12351-Chub Cub 01.JPG
17993=12352-Chub Cub 02.JPG]
17993=12352-Chub Cub 02.JPG
17993=12353-Chub Cub 03.JPG]
17993=12353-Chub Cub 03.JPG
17993=12354-Chub Cub 04.JPG]
17993=12354-Chub Cub 04.JPG
17993=12355-Chub Cub 05.JPG]
17993=12355-Chub Cub 05.JPG

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
And Chris,

I took about 120 pictures of the maiden with my camera so there are a lot more than this. Also These were shrunk way down for faster uploading and opening.

BalsaDust

I either need to cut a little weight or change out for a little more power. I Have a 2409 towerpro motor that I may try that has a little more torque to it. I'm thinking though that if I can cut 2oz out of version 2 that i will be where I want to be. Any ideas any bro has to cut wieght I'm open for suggestings. One thought is to sheet the wing with 1/32" over 1/16", I think there is still a bit more material I can take out of the wind saddle as well. Anybody have a recomendation on a cheap motor that will give good vertical on a 18-1/2oz (with struts). I really like valuehobbies and headsuprc so something from there would be great.

I think I will make the ailerons a little bit bigger but not by much maybe add just 1/2" to it.

Elevator will not be changed there is plenty there. I will however glue the stab in, after 3 flights it was a little loose.

Needs some thrust line changes. I built the mount at 0 down and 0 right thrust and added one washer to it that gave it maybe 1 degree of right thrust. I think I need 1 more degree of right and start with 1 degree of down as well.

After a 5 minute flight I still had 45% of a 1300mah 3s lipo. Thinking of dropping down to a 1000mah.

I also need to find a way of getting the battery mounted in the fuse. with it off to one side it has caused me to have to put a lot of aileron trim in to keep it flying level. I normally run 25c lipos, I went and threw my 1 40c lipo on there and it made things even worse. Kinda thinking of getting two 500mah 3s batteries mount one on each side of the fuse and make up a paralel adapter for it.

It does not want to KE but I do think getting my thrust issue sorted out should help that a bit. Thinking on the next one I will bring the wing down a little lower to get it more in the prop wash and help work out some of hte vertical balance issues.

Speaking of balance it feels pretty close. Maybe a touch on the nose heavy side but I'm not gonna mess with it till I get the thrust issue worked out. at the moment at 1/2 throttle is I let go of the elevator stick it wants to go nose up just a bit. Might even try putting a touch of up aileron reflex in it. If thrust line doesnt fix it and reflex doesnt then I will move to my incedences and put a washer or two under the back wing bolt.

Thanks for the pictures tom.