• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D My first Design. I Dubb it The ChubCub

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
cbarnes0061;15212 wrote: If I can get it ready to send with one of the bros to NASHBRO in a few weeks I'm gonna slap one of my nachoscheese GSN decals on it. Think Mr BillyHell would like that.
Hell ya!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
wecoyote;15210 wrote: Two words for you [MENTION=96]cbarnes0061[/MENTION]

THINK FATTY!!!! LOL

Looking good bro even if it is a cough cough "profile" cough cough...

Lol, yea we like em full figured.....hey wait, shouldn't you be building a cowl! Just make a lost foam cowl, forget the mold and get that cap in the air!!

Profile looks pretty cool though.

BalsaDust

Terryscustom;15459 wrote: Lol, yea we like em full figured.....hey wait, shouldn't you be building a cowl! Just make a lost foam cowl, forget the mold and get that cap in the air!!

LOL terry yes I'm am supposed to be working on it and I have been a little bit. Just been working on this as well when I'm waiting for filler to dry. Also was just commissioned by someone to build them a foamy cub on floats like one I have for myself. He is paying for that so it will get moved ahead of things. Funny how money does that.

cbarnes0061;15195 wrote: Hey hey hey now I can't abandon friends. Plus I did get a couple of the probro's to sign up over here who other wise may not have known about it.

Well....... I will let it slide a little..... ;)

BalsaDust

Terryscustom;15459 wrote: Lol, yea we like em full figured.....hey wait, shouldn't you be building a cowl! Just make a lost foam cowl, forget the mold and get that cap in the air!!

Proof that it still exist, just for you Terry. LOL I just need to motivate myself as I'm real close to being able to pull a mold off of it.
attachment.php

15622=9813-image.jpg
15622=9813-image.jpg

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
cbarnes0061;15622 wrote: I just need to motivate myself as I'm real close to being able to pull a mold off of it.
Let me know what kind of motivation you need and I'll try to help.

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

BalsaDust

Got all of this done tonight. About 3/4 down with the wing and it's super light 1.249 oz where it's at right now. Hope to keep it under 2 oz but it will be close. I love seeing a framed up wing start to take shape

attachment.php

16038=10863-image.jpg
16038=10863-image.jpg

BalsaDust

Here is a quick video of how my wing removal system will work and a picture of it on the plane. still more work to do to it but its coming along.

attachment.php

16197=10910-chubcub.jpg
16197=10910-chubcub.jpg

BalsaDust

Xpress;16240 wrote: I like where this is going..

Thanks. Not sure how it will fly but I have high hopes for it. Looking at the picture you can see the elevator hanging all the way down and touching the box but it has even more movement than that. Not sure the exact amount yet as I havnet put hinges on it but I would beg to say its at least 45 degrees of movement.