• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D My first Design. I Dubb it The ChubCub

BalsaDust

Xpress;17066 wrote: Sweet. Wonder how it'll 3D...

I'm hoping it will 3D really well but we will see.

Terryscustom;17070 wrote: Split ailerons with dual micro servos would be cool on this so you can have flaps AND full ailerons

Terry that is an option on the next one maybe though I would have to figure out the programming in my radio. I know I will be programming in flaps on this thing to begin with though.

Looking cool there! I may be able to help you out with the CAD once you get it them finalized. Can't wait for a flight report. I have a set of Skis that would look great on this thing and be fun in the winter.....which is coming very soon, lol.

BalsaDust

rcpilot82;17152 wrote: Looking cool there! I may be able to help you out with the CAD once you get it them finalized. Can't wait for a flight report. I have a set of Skis that would look great on this thing and be fun in the winter.....which is coming very soon, lol.

Thanks rob. I have one guy on the probro site that said he would take it on as well but if your interested still your more than welcome to a set of hand drawn ones to play with.

BalsaDust

So what do you guys think? I'm just waiting on some control arms and I will be able to get it in the air. Weight as it stands now is 17.405oz so once I add the pushrods and arms it should still be just under 18oz. I think I have plenty of elevator throw.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

17360=11867-image.jpg
17360=11867-image.jpg
17360=11868-image.jpg
17360=11868-image.jpg
17360=11869-image.jpg
17360=11869-image.jpg
17360=11870-image.jpg
17360=11870-image.jpg

BalsaDust

bigblueswope;17385 wrote: Indeed. Looking forward to flight videos!

Hopefully my new möbius will show up in time to get the first flight otherwise it wi be taken on the old keychain camera I got. Either way the maiden will be caught on tape.

Might I say this thing balanced out perfectly and I was able to put the battery where I wanted to. Will we see on the mainden as I do think I have it shifted to be just a touch on the nose heavy side at first.