• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D My first Design. I Dubb it The ChubCub

Looks like you are getting pretty comfortable with it. I would be curious to see how it flys with LG on it. I wonder what it will do as far as balance and such. I am thinking I want to build one and put my dubro skis on it for winter fun. Heck just build 2 of them one with skis and one with floats, lol.

Patroller said
You could run two 450mah lipos in parallel. One on each side of the fuse. 
Another option would be to make a opening in the middle of the fuse with slots to run a velcro strap. this keeps the lateral balance on center and saves having to deal with 2 packs and a harness.

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
rcpilot82 said
Patroller said
You could run two 450mah lipos in parallel. One on each side of the fuse. 

Another option would be to make a opening in the middle of the fuse with slots to run a velcro strap. this keeps the lateral balance on center and saves having to deal with 2 packs and a harness.
Both of these options were discussed at the maiden. Not sure how Chris plans to do it.

BalsaDust

I think for now I have it pretty well sorted out as it is flying awesome at the moment. Here is my problem with both those ideas now at the current setup. I could build in a slot in the fuse to attach the battery but it wouldn't be very conducive to others flying the plane. As I have gotten more comfortable with it I have moved the battery further back and I really have it a good bit on the tail heavy side now but that is making it handle the way I want it to. I feel the slot would have to be a pretty good size to allow for people to adjust the Cg to where they want and I feel it would make it much weaker in that area. Running duel batteries would have been perfect on the original motor but the motor I'm running now needs a 1300mah lipo to give me a 5 minute flight. Dropping back to two 450 would only give me 900mah total and prolly only a 3-1/2 minute flight. I could go with two 800mah for a total of 1600mah but that would be adding more weight. 

Anyways I will be building version 2 before to long with some changes to it for kwj48 to cover and fly for himself. I should be cutting some wieght on his version so stick around and see 

BalsaDust

Sorry no new update. Been working a a new profile since I crashed my lamyak. Needed something for all the cuts out of it to go into. As soon as my roll of orange covering shows up I will have it finished pretty quickly. I would be more than happy to send you the rough drawn plans and my templates if you want to build one like V1. You could just make a copy of them for yourself and send me the originals back. let me know. V1 flys great but I do think that V2 will fly better with the mods I have made to it. As far as V2 goes I have the wing saddle glued up and cut out for it but havent gone any further than that with it.

covering1.jpg
covering2.jpg
framed up.jpg
framed up2.jpg