• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Mini lathe (and mill) discussion.

frydaddy08

New to GSN!
Lots of videos on YT for F360 (I'm sure others as well). BalsaDust has a great step-by-step in the CAD forum for aircraft design. I'm on a Mac and the biggest learning curve so far is the keystrokes for maneuvering the drawing ( zoom, turning, etc), that and I have NO artistic ability.

I've been playing with free cad a bit and made my first project box. A test run to make sure I was extracting and slicing properly. I went with Cura on the slicer.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_7289.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7289.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 56
  • thumbnail_IMG_7291.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7291.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 62

BalsaDust

Lots of videos on YT for F360 (I'm sure others as well). BalsaDust has a great step-by-step in the CAD forum for aircraft design. I'm on a Mac and the biggest learning curve so far is the keystrokes for maneuvering the drawing ( zoom, turning, etc), that and I have NO artistic ability.

Forget the keystrokes and pick up a space mouse. If you plan to use a 3D modoling software they are worth it. We use the 3Dconnexion brand at work and they are awesome. I'm sure there might be some cheaper options out there as well.

Does this sharpen the ends and sides? Where did you get the plans?
Hey Tony,
I can only sharpen the end for now. I still have to build the jig for sharpening the side cutters. I downloaded the plans here: