• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D JAG's 35% Carden Edge

JAG

70cc twin V2
Yeah I think if it happens again it may take the entire motor box out.

Yeah I still need to talk to quality control. The resin was applied a little sloppy but nothing a few hours of sanding can't fix. :oblong:

JAG

70cc twin V2
Yeah I'm just messing with Cappy. The repair job is great. It had some crappy repairs done before so he fixed those as well. I have a sander just haven't got to it yet.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

JAG

70cc twin V2
When I bought the plane, the pilot head was cracked and he just couldn't handle the hard landing. So I cut him out. I just need to add some bracing. I also replied the canopy where it had came loose.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

capthis

70cc twin V2
It does appear I slopped the Z poxy on a little too much! :)

In my defense I was trying to hurry....

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
When I bought the plane, the pilot head was cracked and he just couldn't handle the hard landing. So I cut him out. I just need to add some bracing. I also replied the canopy where it had came loose.

View attachment 84701 View attachment 84702
You could put him back in headless ;) it would make a good conversation piece. :lol2:

I made the mistake of painting the hair black on a cheap pilot years ago, the sun melted a hole in the top of his head.;)

JAG

70cc twin V2
You could put him back in headless ;) it would make a good conversation piece. :lol2:

I made the mistake of painting the hair black on a cheap pilot years ago, the sun melted a hole in the top of his head.;)

Haha I actually thought about putting him back in headless. I'd like to make it removable if I did.

JAG

70cc twin V2
Sanded and shaped the bottom of the fuse this morning. Turned out pretty good. Just waiting on the glue to try and the motor box slanted plate and it will be ready to cover.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

JAG

70cc twin V2
Do you have any of that right color covering?

I have the color to match the bottom of the fuse. It has been replaced. It is Monokote metallic red. I guess at some point, Monokote changed this color. So on the wings there is the old color and patches of the new color. All the patches I have added are the new color as well. Its noticable, but isn't too bad. It will work for now.