• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D JAG's 35% Carden Edge

sweetpea

100cc
Nice job on the repairs.

When you strip it down look for places to lighten it up (knowing its slightly tail heavy.
-Motorbox holes
-holes in foam on the bottom of the fuse
-lighten out the rudder and the stabs. I'm guessing both are sheeted foam.

See if someone near you has one of these you can borrow and make some holes!
image_21320.jpg

Reactions: JAG

capthis

70cc twin V2
Nice job on the repairs.

When you strip it down look for places to lighten it up (knowing its slightly tail heavy.
-Motorbox holes
-holes in foam on the bottom of the fuse
-lighten out the rudder and the stabs. I'm guessing both are sheeted foam.

See if someone near you has one of these you can borrow and make some holes!
image_21320.jpg
19848.jpg

JAG

70cc twin V2
I've never used a spindle sander. But I do have some planes to lighten it up when I strip it down some day.

Going to pick up some longer hardware for the landing gear here in a few. Then I'll get that mounted up.
Also have to send the receiver off to Horizon to get looked at. For some reason it only wants to work off one battery lead.

sweetpea

100cc
That sander is great. I used one on my Bipe elevators and rudder. Just draw out the circles you want on the wood sheeting. Cut a hole in the surface large enough to get the spindle in and sand away to the circle drawing. If you had the styro chucks you could put the surfaces in them to ensure a more "level" hole.

Reactions: JAG

JAG

70cc twin V2
Oh thats pretty cool. Always wondered how people were getting suck perfectly round circles in cutouts. Good thing I know someone with one. :)

JAG

70cc twin V2
Picked up some hardware at lunch and got the landing gear installed. I also sanded the cowl down yesterday and got everything reassembled. Not going to worry about painting the cowl for now.

Hopefully I'll get it strung up this evening and get the CG checked and see what I need to move around to correct it. Or if I need to add any weight.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg