• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D JAG's 35% Carden Edge

capthis

70cc twin V2
Moral of the story is don't let Capthis fly your airplane.....

The Good News is as President and CEO of the Crappy Cut Kit Co, we can make new parts! :)

Have bandsaw will cut for cheeseburgers!

Scroll saw just got new bearings bring on the wood!

JAG

70cc twin V2
image.jpeg
Well I think you did a better job bringing it in than I could have. This gear would have failed eventually on a perfect landing. Check out these great glue joints.

JAG

70cc twin V2
A few more pics of the damage. You can see the poorly glued pieces. Not sure what glue was used but the gaps were large and it didn't adhere well. Already stripped the stuff off the front and started to repair. Ordered some new mufflers this morning as well.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
The upside is it tore out cleanly....way better than ripping out formers, etc. You'll have her back in the air in no time! :cheers:

Reactions: JAG

JAG

70cc twin V2
Yeah so true. It could have been much worse. Repairs are already under way. I need to pick up some hardwood block today.

Also started repairing one wing. It got a puncture where a wheel pant entered it.

image.jpeg

JAG

70cc twin V2
Patches are glued in and a little wood filler added to make is smooth as can be. Still working on my repair skills.

JAG

70cc twin V2
Now on to repair this damage. Looks like it has been repaired before as well and not very well. Any suggestions on the best way to go about it?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg