• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D JAG's 35% Carden Edge

I would say, rethink that MSC prop.... They were known to load the engine moreso than a MenzS or Mejzlik of the same size. I ended up trying several prop for Mike, when he first brought the brand out.

Tried 27x10, 26x10 and 25x12 all 2 blade props on my 3W 106. They all loaded the engine about the same, but the best was the 27x10.

The 28x10 "may" be ok for just general flying around, but alpha flight will suffer.

JAG

70cc twin V2
I Didn't care for the rudder tray that was in the plane, so I picked up a SWB tray. It is slightly longer than the one that I took out.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

JAG

70cc twin V2
I would say, rethink that MSC prop.... They were known to load the engine moreso than a MenzS or Mejzlik of the same size. I ended up trying several prop for Mike, when he first brought the brand out.

Tried 27x10, 26x10 and 25x12 all 2 blade props on my 3W 106. They all loaded the engine about the same, but the best was the 27x10.

The 28x10 "may" be ok for just general flying around, but alpha flight will suffer.

Missed this post the other day. Thanks for the tip. I got that prop with the motor.

JAG

70cc twin V2
Here is my spinner all cut. This was my first one I've done, but I think it turned out good. Now I need to pick up a bolt long enough to hold it on.

image.jpg

JAG

70cc twin V2
that's a beautiful airplane! what engine are you planning to put in and do you know what it had in it? that might help you to know what's going to happen with all of that lead.

I looked up weights and the DLE111 is about .75 lbs heavier than the DA100. So hopefully that will eliminate the need for all the lead.

JAG

70cc twin V2
And I looked up the wrong weight on the DLE. The DLE111 and DA100 weigh the same. A good source weighed them for me.