• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

INVERSA 33 ARF assembly by Hanger 9. Motor OS-GT33

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have silver soldered, or more appropriately, brazed the header on a couple Valach exhaust, they are a combination of stainless flex and standard header. The brazing silver I get at Ace hardware ($20) and the torch came from Home Depot ($80).

Thanks that was helpful I have the torches but not the silver solder. Bib have one stick which is used up but would like some more. Looking up silver solder sticks they were listing for 35 dollars a stick and more. That is why I was asking if somebody was using silver solder and what,at 20 dollars that is reasonable, thanks.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_1495.JPG
IMG_1496.JPG
IMG_1497.JPG
IMG_1498.JPG
IMG_1499.JPG
Well the canister is in, it had better give me a huge power increase and be dead quite for all the work and difficulties to get in the plane. The only conclusion I have so far if the plane was not meant to have a canister do not try to put one in unless you are gluten for punishment.
It is all done except for three small braces to be glued in and one to be bolted in that should happen some today or tomorrow. Next job on the list is to fit the cowl and cut all the necessary holes and cooling for the motor.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Almost got the cowl done just need to add some baffling in for the motor. The only thing that still needs to be done is some guide tubes from the carburetor to the cowl surface. If anyone has some pictures of how they have done it would be appreciated. That is all coming alone now. Just have to figured out how I want to vent the fuselage off all the heat the canister is going to be putting in the fuselage. Will take some pictures of the cowl later.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks from for that yes that is what I used to locate the holes on the cowl . But because of the design of the cowl and the carburetor on back you cannot see the carburetor from any angle to get the screwdriver onto the needles. Got the holes on the cowl in the correct location but I need to install 2 tubes from the carb to the 2 holes in the cowl but not touching the cowl and glue them in place. Gluing them in place is the problem.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_1501.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG
Well figured out I would like to vent the fuselage and I have taken a picture. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words. This what I have ended up with I an not a van of just a bunch of slots across the bottom of the fuselage. As I have learnt in my pass history that slots will actually draw air in to the fuselage, air will only exist the fuselage if the pressure inside is higher than outside and it has to over come the turbulence from the slots.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got the cowl on and all the air ducting to the motor done and the ducting is painted to look good. Waiting for it to dry before I can take a couple of pictures.
After the pictures of the cowl I would like to end the thread, the rest is pretty straight forward and no different than any other AFR. There is not much interest in this plane.
I would just like to thank the people that helped me through some of rough spots and hope that I can return the favour. Thanks again.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Have not been here for awhile but glad I stopped by to see your build. You have been doing an excellent job! This plane looks to be very different/difficult in the way the engine and exhaust get installed and requires great patience. Great work:attaboy:.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have not been here for awhile but glad I stopped by to see your build. You have been doing an excellent job! This plane looks to be very different/difficult in the way the engine and exhaust get installed and requires great patience. Great work:attaboy:.
Thanks for the support at times I just wanted to put it off to one side for long while, but the guys kept me in it and helped with support. Thanks again.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hope that everything is ok now and you are able to get back into the hobby we missed you.