• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

INVERSA 33 ARF assembly by Hanger 9. Motor OS-GT33

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_1488.JPG
Sometimes you can relieve the angle on the stinger a tad to make it slide in easier. A lot of them are at a 90 degree angle which makes them stick way down below the can.

I have a friend that had to cut his off to get the cans in, then added an extension to get it outside the fuse.

On my scratch build I had to design the pipe tunnel so the near three foot long pipe would slide inside the fuse. It's a damn tight fit, and you need to have it at just the right angle, but it works, barely.

Thanks for the reply. This one looks like it is going to be difficult. Something is going to be cut to get it in. Been looking at the stringers, no solution yet. If the people that design these aeroplanes would have to assemble them once in a while things would be different. If they had left the canister supports separate then life would have been easy but the canister supported are part of the bulkheads. Oh well one way or another it will have to work, hope I do not have to buy another muffler if I do it will be a wraparound.
The picture shows a shot from the front down the fuselage.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1489.JPG
Just a picture of the motor box made today. Just waiting for the thinned epoxy to dry and it will be installed to the back of the firewall. Made from 1/16 balsa wood.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 93179

Thanks for the reply. This one looks like it is going to be difficult. Something is going to be cut to get it in. Been looking at the stringers, no solution yet. If the people that design these aeroplanes would have to assemble them once in a while things would be different. If they had left the canister supports separate then life would have been easy but the canister supported are part of the bulkheads. Oh well one way or another it will have to work, hope I do not have to buy another muffler if I do it will be a wraparound.
The picture shows a shot from the front down the fuselage.
Three round holes, wow that would suck for a rear exit can.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well after removing some bulkheads I managed to push the canister in from the back. While pushing it into place from the back I ran into the landing gear it is about 5/16 high in the way of the canister never noticed this before to busy looking at wooden bulkheads try to get the canister with stinger into the correct location. Unless I see away around this the canister is not going to be installed in the plane. That to bad a lot of money for nothing. If you look back at the pictures it is pretty clear that the landing gear is in the way, feel pretty stupid. Can not believe somebody would design a plane for a 2 inch diameter canister and then have the landing gear in the way.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I found a thread elsewhere with a pipe installed in the Inverza 62. Looks like the gear is bent on the 62 to clear the pipe. Not sure why the same approach wasn't taken for the 33.

http://www.aerobaticsni.com/wp/hangar-9-inverza-62/

Landing Gear for the Inverza 62
http://www.horizonhobby.com/landing-gear:-inverza-62-han519510

Landing Gear for the Inverza 33
http://www.horizonhobby.com/main-landing-gear-with-axles:-inverza-33-han492509

You 100% correct if my gear had that small radius bend in it, it would all fit in. Even if I try to do that the holes for the gear will be in wrong location and I would end up trying to bend up a hole new one whichever is not easily done. Full radius leg and that smal radius at the center.
Thanks for looks that up and the support appreciate that.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The Inversa 62 landing gear has the radius I need to fit the canister. Does anybody know if the inversa 62 gear fits into the Inversa33. Please if someone owns an Inversa 62 can you give me the bolt spacing. That will be very helpful.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Spoke to HH today they had no idea about the problem. So I asked if Inversa 62 would fit they had no idea. I asked if they would look into if it is possible they said they would and get back to me.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
HH has not got back to me so I am sure what to do. Grab the Dremel tool and go at it until the canister fits. Will do quite some weakening of the fuselage. Or just put all the header parts and canister aside for another day and buy J-Tec wraparound muffler, another $100. In the exhaust system. Need some guidance.