• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D H9 1/3 Cap 232 - Blast from the past!!!

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Holes on two sides and the top would make more sense, or on all four sides. You are counting on natural convection to get the heat out of the back since there is no airflow there.

That's the general idea, I figured the attitude of the plane would not be constant, so simply having an opening(s) would help. But yes, I agree.

Also, I can drill more than one plug out on the sides and space them so they line up next to each other to create a rounded rectangle vent shape, instead of a circle. Might allow for more material and a larger vent.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
I agree with Jaybird, use your holes to match the weight you need to balance rather than worrying about heat. As long as the rest of the engine has adequate cooling, you will be fine.

3D-Joy

50cc
Yeah I would remove alot of wood in that standoff block. The center hole can be much bigger IMO. I would make it rectangle all the way to 1/2'' of the holes for mounting the engine and 3/8'' or even 1/4'' from the sides of the block. This would effectively make 4 flat standoffs all tied together by 1/4'' to 3/8'' of stacked plywood. Still very very strong and closer to 1/2 the weight you have now. If the shape of the remaining rectangular hole is a little irregular, no big deal, it will be invisible once installed.
I also agree that heat there is not an issue.

thanks 3D. Let me CG it and see how nose heavy it is, then I'll start to dig into it. I'll try to find a sweetspot. this is where a lot of very tedious time gets spent... :)