• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D H9 1/3 Cap 232 - Blast from the past!!!

3D-Joy

50cc
Something along those lines shouldnt be too hard to fabricate even with simple tools. The weight savings would be worth it IMO.

Attachments

• cap232 standoff block.JPG
    cap232 standoff block.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 271
Thanks for the help guys. If at first or second you don't succeed, try again. Take a look, I think I got it. I was able to shave 3.18oz, the mount now weighs 4.88 oz. This is 1.98oz more than the aluminum stand-offs. Not bad I think, I was shooting for about ~2 oz of weight to balance the plane. The mount now weighs less than the spinner... :)

btw- sorry about the orientation of the images, I thought I posted them right side up. Some are rotated 90 degrees.

IMG_8500.JPG
IMG_8501.JPG
IMG_8502.JPG
IMG_8503.JPG
IMG_8504.JPG
IMG_8505.JPG
IMG_8498.JPG
IMG_8497.JPG

thanks Jaybird, do you coat the mount in thinned epoxy or use some other sealant? I used thinned epoxy, but its a balance, too much alcohol makes it rubbery and it crumbles. Too little and it's thick and heavy.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
thanks Jaybird, do you coat the mount in thinned epoxy or use some other sealant? I used thinned epoxy, but its a balance, too much alcohol makes it rubbery and it crumbles. Too little and it's thick and heavy.

50:50 max or slightly less works well and is still sandable. No matter what when you thin the resin it has no structural effect anyway so it becomes just a sealant.