• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Group Build, 20cc Profile ARF, Who's In?

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
tim's been pretty good about making videos going on a few years now. we used his prop balancing video over at the multi-rotor site whenever the question came up about balancing the hubs.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
If I can't find the Tetherite gear, I may have to install some giant gumby tires to help soften the landings.

fwiw, wire gear would work too. lots of profile C/L planes had wire gear held by elastic bands so they'd fold back if they were jammed into the ground too hard. i'm going to see how the stock gear are and maybe go the wire route just to show another option.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Finally got my order in, hopefully they'll process it tomorrow and it'll be out the door by the end of the day.
Also ordered up a brushless motor and ESC for the 6000mah 6S packs that I have but we can discuss electric power systems in another thread.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
If anybody finds some place that has these in stock, PLEASE let me know. Every place I look is out of stock on the TT19 60-90 size.:(
@pawnshopmike Mike. I may have a set or two in stock. I have found two sets of the giant scale or the Large for Profiles of 9 to 15 lb. I am sure you have all heard this before. I know there is a set some where. I just forgot where LOL !! I have two sets of the medium size I bought to have for future use just in case they didn't pan out need to find them. I gave a set to YAKMAN for his Red-Wing 20cc Yak with the Aero-Works scheme. He loves the tetherite gear and will not fly a profile with out them

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Here is the stance and height measurements for the Medium and large Tetherite gear with small tires photo's incl.

IMG_4434.JPG IMG_4435.JPG IMG_4437.JPG IMG_4438.JPG

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I think I have a set of those that I took off of a TMPro .45 profile I had. .60-.90 size I think although I might have chucked them in the trash at the time. I'll have to look in my bin '0 spares.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
@pawnshopmike. I will start going through my stash of goody's and see where I hid the gear LOL!! Heading out to trouble shoot a couple Cat Twin engine Scrapers. Need to set shift points on the eight speed transmission in the front of one and a rear engine shifting problem on the 4 speed transmission in the other twin engine scraper.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
@pawnshopmike. I will start going through my stash of goody's and see where I hid the gear LOL!! Heading out to trouble shoot a couple Cat Twin engine Scrapers. Need to set shift points on the eight speed transmission in the front of one and a rear engine shifting problem on the 4 speed transmission in the other twin engine scraper.
Thanks Bro.:way_to_go: