• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Group Build, 20cc Profile ARF, Who's In?

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Guys and Gals,

From time to time I get to spend time on the phone with the people that run the shops we buy our stuff from. It's part of my job running the site and trying to recruit new advertisers. This week I spoke with Tim Pastor of RedwingRC.com because he's got a new container of products on the shelves and he's planning to join us again as an advertiser. Great news for GiantScaleNews.com and great news for Tim and RedwingRC.com.

Usually when I speak with someone I end up surfing their site, looking at what they've been up to and when I was clicking through the pages of the RedwingRC.com site I saw that Tim is carrying a line of 20cc profile ARF's that look pretty darn nice! And then it hit me, those 20cc profile ARF's would be a great resource for us to do a Group Build thread! At $175 each they're reasonably priced, here are a few of what I'm talking about

20cc_Sbachprofile_pink_DLE_02.jpg 20cc_edge_540_y_20.jpg 20cc_Yak_profile_B_DLE_03.jpg

A Group Build is where a bunch of us all purchase and build the same plane and we all post our progress to the one thread and help each other, offer advice, show off any neat mods we decide to do......hell we do it together!! IT'S A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR NEW PEOPLE THAT MIGHT NOT HAVE TRIED LARGER PLANES OR GASSERS OR BIGGER ELECTRICS TO TAKE THAT NEXT STEP WHILE ALSO GETTING TO KNOW A LOT OF THEIR FELLOW GSN MODELERS......what is there not to like???!!!

Maybe we can do a side bet for whomever can do the best warbird conversion of a 20cc acro plane.....i don't know, we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

ALL I KNOW IS I'M IN AND I'M READY TO PLACE MY ORDER. :yesss:

But before we get started is there any interest? Any new guys want to end their lurker status and join in with us?

I'm going to reach out to Tim to see if we can get a coupon code or something to get this moving along. In the meantime, check out the line of airplanes at the website and see if any of them jump out at you. Redwing also sells the DLE 20cc boom-mount engines but you could use anything in that class, gasser/nitro/electric/etc. and it's entirely possible that other threads will develop dealing with specific details like where/how to mount batteries and motors to run electric power on them.

http://www.redwingrc.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18

Anyone interested? Anyone? Bueller?

Edits;

Added link to Product Manual at RedwingRC website
http://www.redwingrc.com/manuals.html

Last edited:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i heard there are a few of them lurking that might pop up here sometime soon, all the more reason to get the group build going

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
TOP,

This is too much fun to pass up!

Here's a video of one of the airframes flying

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
This could work out pretty good, I have the Redwing Edge 540 profile I just Barely started on, got the graphics done for it...go figure!! lol

I have a good idea!!.............

For all GSN members that participate in this thread building a Redwing RC profile.....You will receive 15% off a graphics set for your Redwing profile.