• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Graupner Radios

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Still sounds like vaporware. Later this year means pictures, beta testing, forum conversations, hype machine, technical data, etc. Not even a hint of it online. Just sounds weird to me. Is this common for Hitec products?
I really don't know to be honest. All I am at liberty to say is that I learned of it by accident. I did talk to Hitec a couple of days ago. They are being "VERY" tight lipped about the release. Why? I do not know. But I can only imagine...(feeble as it may be) that since Hitec has a D.O.D. contract, they may not be letting the information out just yet. Again, I do not know. All I can offer is what I have been told.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I almost impulse purchased the Hitec Aurora 9X. 299 bones with receiver brand spankin new.
You honestly won't regret the A9X. It is a darned nice radio. I love mine. As I mentioned before. Was strictly Futaba until the Hitec Module in my 8AUF. Then Hitec, to JR, back to Hitec, then to a second JR, back to Hitec, then to Graupner and back to stay with my A9X. I am sure there are those that own other brands that are just as devoted and just as pleased. And that is a good thing. Diversity is good. For me, Hitec will always be my first choice.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Radio discussions are like talking religion, politics or oil. Everyone has their favorites and may even think what the other guy is flying is junk. I think most newer radio systems are pretty good for the most part. What I see at our field is some REALLY bad setups. A guy flying a big airplane on 4.8 Ni-Cads and can't understand why it crashed. Or my favorite, I just charged those batteries two weeks ago, I can't believe they went dead. I have actually heard that twice at my field.

When someone like @stangflyer that knows his way around a big airplane tells me about radio issues I believe it. When one of the crashmasters at my field tell me a radio system is junk I pay no attention.

We have a magic spot at our field where lots if people complain about hits. I like to fly there because most of the club avoids it. In the 5 years I've been at that field I have never had a glitch that wasn't thumb related.

I've been flying a JR 11x with both JR and Spektrum receivers for the last several years in my airplanes and helicopters and it works great for me. All manufacturers make a lemon now and then and unfortunately it's a luck of the draw deal if your the one that gets the lemon.;)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Radio discussions are like talking religion, politics or oil. Everyone has their favorites and may even think what the other guy is flying is junk. I think most newer radio systems are pretty good for the most part. What I see at our field is some REALLY bad setups. A guy flying a big airplane on 4.8 Ni-Cads and can't understand why it crashed. Or my favorite, I just charged those batteries two weeks ago, I can't believe they went dead. I have actually heard that twice at my field.

When someone like @stangflyer that knows his way around a big airplane tells me about radio issues I believe it. When one of the crashmasters at my field tell me a radio system is junk I pay no attention.

We have a magic spot at our field where lots if people complain about hits. I like to fly there because most of the club avoids it. In the 5 years I've been at that field I have never had a glitch that wasn't thumb related.

I've been flying a JR 11x with both JR and Spektrum receivers for the last several years in my airplanes and helicopters and it works great for me. All manufacturers make a lemon now and then and unfortunately it's a luck of the draw deal if your the one that gets the lemon.;)
Zactley. And thank you for that vote of confidence. I'm in total agreement regarding certain subjects. I really try to avoid them like the plague. I mean, what works for you? Superb. It may not work for everyone. Setup is probably most key to the success or failure of the survival of any plane. There have been numerous times I've been asked for an opinion and I will look at someone's setup. I'll look at it, step back and scratch my head. My first internal reaction is, "WOW"! Lol. I really will never hide an underlying issue but I certainly won't knock something just because I don't roll that way. Another is IBEC's. Many many many people use them with awesome success. I choose to do something different and it works flawlessly.

I love those "Bermuda Triangles" too. No one flies in them so it leaves that entire quadrant of the planet to me an' my lil ole planes.:way_to_go:

Zactley. And thank you for that vote of confidence. I'm in total agreement regarding certain subjects. I really try to avoid them like the plague. I mean, what works for you? Superb. It may not work for everyone. Setup is probably most key to the success or failure of the survival of any plane. There have been numerous times I've been asked for an opinion and I will look at someone's setup. I'll look at it, step back and scratch my head. My first internal reaction is, "WOW"! Lol. I really will never hide an underlying issue but I certainly won't knock something just because I don't roll that way. Another is IBEC's. Many many many people use them with awesome success. I choose to do something different and it works flawlessly.

I love those "Bermuda Triangles" too. No one flies in them so it leaves that entire quadrant of the planet to me an' my lil ole planes.:way_to_go:
What do you do different?

Got it. The Kraken (what my wife calls the 35%er) came with a BEC on the ignition, I thought I wouldn't use it because I'm going to install a Powerboard from RedwingRC.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Got it. The Kraken (what my wife calls the 35%er) came with a BEC on the ignition, I thought I wouldn't use it because I'm going to install a Powerboard from RedwingRC.
I'd be interested in how well the Redwing Power Boards perform and what their functionality is.

I'll be running dual Life Batts (of course) through it. Regulates to 5v to the receiver. The voltage to the servos can be adjusted and can also power the ignition /with ignition kill. 119 bones. I won't run it for a few weeks yet, but I'll be happy to report on it after usage. :way_to_go:
Power_Board_Pro_RC_plane_Yellow_02.jpg
Power_Board_Pro_RC_plane_Yellow_04.jpg
Power_Board_Pro_RC_plane_Yellow_07.jpg

"
All NEW 4000 SERIES! *with Digital Readout and Touch-button programming.
Description:

Completely redesigned from the ground up, with these new Power Boards you are able to use 2 batteries with redundancy to avoid possible crashes from battery failure. Simply plug in your batteries with XT-60 style connectors to this Power Board Expander (Our LiFe batteries are perfect for this) and you now have 2 batteries working in tandem to supply your servos AND ignition.

These new versions offer SEVERAL new features:
1) Digital read out on all models - displaying voltage going IN and OUT of all devices (see photo)
2) LED and audible alarm for all models that you can set to warn when your system drops below a voltage of your choosing
3) TOUCH button programming to select your warning voltage
4) Wires to your RX are PRE-installed
5) Enclosed lightweight and strong plastic housing
6) XT-60 Connectors

The Power Board board electronically isolates the batteries from each other so that there is no interference possible from your ignition. It also regulates the voltage down to an ideal voltage to your RX (5v) and then is select-able to your servos (yellow and black units only - the red unit offers the same voltage as your batteries to the servos).

You can Plug in, up to 8 servos into the board (12 servos with the Black Power Board), which has 2 outputs for EACH channel, effectively DOUBLING the number of servos you can use in a plane ( a total of 16 output channels) without reducing the amperage (that a Y cable would cause).

These Power Boards also features LED lights to give you clear indication that your batteries are connected and working properly, as well as voltage etc.
They feature a mounting space in the middle to mount your RX and also include mounting hardware to mount it securely to your plane. "

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'll be running dual Life Batts (of course) through it. Regulates to 5v to the receiver. The voltage to the servos can be adjusted and can also power the ignition /with ignition kill. 119 bones. I won't run it for a few weeks yet, but I'll be happy to report on it after usage. :way_to_go:
View attachment 80882 View attachment 80883 View attachment 80884
"
All NEW 4000 SERIES! *with Digital Readout and Touch-button programming.
Description:

Completely redesigned from the ground up, with these new Power Boards you are able to use 2 batteries with redundancy to avoid possible crashes from battery failure. Simply plug in your batteries with XT-60 style connectors to this Power Board Expander (Our LiFe batteries are perfect for this) and you now have 2 batteries working in tandem to supply your servos AND ignition.

These new versions offer SEVERAL new features:
1) Digital read out on all models - displaying voltage going IN and OUT of all devices (see photo)
2) LED and audible alarm for all models that you can set to warn when your system drops below a voltage of your choosing
3) TOUCH button programming to select your warning voltage
4) Wires to your RX are PRE-installed
5) Enclosed lightweight and strong plastic housing
6) XT-60 Connectors

The Power Board board electronically isolates the batteries from each other so that there is no interference possible from your ignition. It also regulates the voltage down to an ideal voltage to your RX (5v) and then is select-able to your servos (yellow and black units only - the red unit offers the same voltage as your batteries to the servos).

You can Plug in, up to 8 servos into the board (12 servos with the Black Power Board), which has 2 outputs for EACH channel, effectively DOUBLING the number of servos you can use in a plane ( a total of 16 output channels) without reducing the amperage (that a Y cable would cause).

These Power Boards also features LED lights to give you clear indication that your batteries are connected and working properly, as well as voltage etc.
They feature a mounting space in the middle to mount your RX and also include mounting hardware to mount it securely to your plane. "
Interesting. Not sure I could make 8 channels work with my setups.