• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Graupner Radios

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
BoomaRC/AdvancedRadio are coming out with a whole new line of power systems that incorporate their intelligent servo matching system. They look like there going to be a pretty cool product that doesn't break the bank.

They're not on the website yet, but I saw a video from Joe Nall that showed them. The video was from that other site so I don't want to post it, but if you search on Youtube for "Booma RC Advanced Radio" you can find it.

Settled on an almost new JR XG11MV. 375.00. I like that it's modular. I can fly my FrSky Rx's with it. I took a look at the Futaba 14 SGA, but didn't like the feel of it one bit. Disappointing because the 9C I once owned felt great. My brother owns a JR11X, the sticks were amazing! The radio is bulky, but was comfortable, oddly enough. Glad to be done with this.....for now.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
BoomaRC/AdvancedRadio are coming out with a whole new line of power systems that incorporate their intelligent servo matching system. They look like there going to be a pretty cool product that doesn't break the bank.

They're not on the website yet, but I saw a video from Joe Nall that showed them. The video was from that other site so I don't want to post it, but if you search on Youtube for "Booma RC Advanced Radio" you can find it.
@emtp275 an I talked to a rep there for almost an hour, really an I mean REALLY cool stuff

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I almost impulse purchased the Hitec Aurora 9X. 299 bones with receiver brand spankin new.
for what it's worth, i've got the Aurora 9 and while I've tried to sell it I keep flying it and it's my favorite for features and feel. limited receiver options keep me from having a soul-mate type of relationship with it although I've just tried a Smart-fly power expander for the first time and that gives the Hitec Optima 9 receiver a lot more usefullness so that's my new first choice and I'm keeping the radio for now

I also have a JR 9503 that has been 100% reliable over the almost 6 years I've been flying it.

And I loved my old Futaba 9CHP but it's gone now. :(

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
for what it's worth, i've got the Aurora 9 and while I've tried to sell it I keep flying it and it's my favorite for features and feel. limited receiver options keep me from having a soul-mate type of relationship with it although I've just tried a Smart-fly power expander for the first time and that gives the Hitec Optima 9 receiver a lot more usefullness so that's my new first choice and I'm keeping the radio for now

I also have a JR 9503 that has been 100% reliable over the almost 6 years I've been flying it.

And I loved my old Futaba 9CHP but it's gone now. :(
I and my son have been running the Optima 9 rx. with the Smart Fly Power Expander Pros on everything. Coupled with the Hitec HP25 servo programmer, the fine tuning and versatility of the A9 and A9x is virtually endless. The only draw back to the A9 is it is only 1024 resolution on the servos. I've read and heard a normal rc pilot will never see the difference. I am not wild man at the sticks like @SupaTim, @Spats, @Xpress or even Jase or Gabby. But I'm here to tell you, I and my son see and feel the difference. I did like the 4096 resolution of the MZ24, but nothing other than that. I will never look away from Hitec again. Just looking forward to a new Hitec radio release.

The new radio is coming, just gotta be patient. Perfection doesn't come over night ;)
I believe it is coming, I just can't wait for something, or get excited for something I know absolutely nothing about. No one even knows what features it will have. The screen? Memory, Number of flight modes, button layout, SD slot, etc. So very weird. If you aren't a Hitec person, it's hard get excited about it. However, if it's the bees knees, I will certainly consider picking one up. When it comes to radios, unlike motocycles, I have no brand loyalty.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I believe it is coming, I just can't wait for something, or get excited for something I know absolutely nothing about. No one even knows what features it will have. The screen? Memory, Number of flight modes, button layout, SD slot, etc. So very weird. If you aren't a Hitec person, it's hard get excited about it. However, if it's the bees knees, I will certainly consider picking one up. When it comes to radios, unlike motocycles, I have no brand loyalty.

The problem is we can't tell you exactly what it will have because we don't have a features list yet. We know it'll be 16 channels and a full color touch screen, and it will have a lot of modern features people have been asking for (I.E. SD card) but the rest of the finer details are still a bit fuzzy.

Once we have more info we'll definitely be letting the word out.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The problem is we can't tell you exactly what it will have because we don't have a features list yet. We know it'll be 16 channels and a full color touch screen, and it will have a lot of modern features people have been asking for (I.E. SD card) but the rest of the finer details are still a bit fuzzy.

Once we have more info we'll definitely be letting the word out.
Hee hee... and the rest remains yet to be....umm, beheld!:banana-dance: