• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Graupner Radios

I see. Then this looks to be more than a year + away. I was under the impression a release was nigh. Makes sense now. Going to be interesting to see what they put out. I'd own a Hitec for sure. Well, as long as the sticks are toight.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I see. Then this looks to be more than a year + away. I was under the impression a release was nigh. Makes sense now. Going to be interesting to see what they put out. I'd own a Hitec for sure. Well, as long as the sticks are toight.
This is killing me..... The release "IS" scheduled for "THIS" year. What Korea has up their sleeve for this one will blow "EVERYONE" away.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I'm still waiting for the HORACE to be released. HK has it listed as "coming soon" for the past year. I truly believe HK thinks our life expectancy is around a 100 years.........

But in the mean time.....The TGY-i10 turned out to be a really nice radio for the money. I have flown electric and gas with it. Gas set up was one 2s 3000ma lipo directly to ignition and receiver through HD switches. Not one glitch. Rock solid. Used throttle cut in the radio to kill the engine. This was for testing. I do like an ignition kill system but I have encountered problems from those devices albeit SF, RcExcel etc...

Just my take on Graupner, Futaba, Jr and any other radio........

I believe modern 2.4 radio issues develop more due to the "Firmware" (software program) installed or if it installed correctly. They are "computers". And most can be "updated" or "versioned"

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm still waiting for the HORACE to be released. HK has it listed as "coming soon" for the past year. I truly believe HK thinks our life expectancy is around a 100 years.........

But in the mean time.....The TGY-i10 turned out to be a really nice radio for the money. I have flown electric and gas with it. Gas set up was one 2s 3000ma lipo directly to ignition and receiver through HD switches. Not one glitch. Rock solid. Used throttle cut in the radio to kill the engine. This was for testing. I do like an ignition kill system but I have encountered problems from those devices albeit SF, RcExcel etc...

I believe modern 2.4 radio issues develop more due to the "Firmware" (software program) installed or if it installed correctly. They are "computers". And most can be "updated" or "versioned"
Or the end user that inadvertently adds a wink link in an attempt to make it more trustworthy. When in fact, if most of those gizmos and cool little devices were tossed out the window...chances are the intended robust system will then become truly robust.

I occasionally see a setup someone has done. My head has a permanent rub spot from scratching my head.

I have the brother of that radio; the FS-i10. It has worked great for me. Although the programming doesn't come easy for me with this one. I mainly just fly electric with it. The range is good, and it hasn't glitched. My only real gripe is that the sticks are super soft, however, I knew that when i purchased it. My XG11MV will arrive Sat. I'm hoping the sticks are the same as on the 11X.

Or the end user that inadvertently adds a wink link in an attempt to make it more trustworthy. When in fact, if most of those gizmos and cool little devices were tossed out the window...chances are the intended robust system will then become truly robust.

I occasionally see a setup someone has done. My head has a permanent rub spot from scratching my head.
I have been on both sides of that head scratcher. LOLo_O

Picked up a Graupner MZ 24. The word from the owners within the last year is overwhelmingly positive. The firmware is updated with user requests in mind. A lot of the updates have been what the end users have asked for. The geek in me couldn't resist. I figured after my JR had servos doing the jitterbug (not a problem with my Escapade which has Spectrum servos) and getting annoyed with ground up programming on the Taranis, I wanted something different.
We'll see how it goes!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Do not get me wrong I fly JR 10sx11 and 12x. Both old but have been absolutely rock solid, just do not like there new radios from JR. But all the discussion on all different makes of radio but nobody has mentioned Jeti why???