• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Good beginner jet?

First question is what type of field you will be flying from. Length and surface. I have a Modellbau Tornado and love its simplicity and ease of flying. Lands easy and operates off grass just fine. Flies very smooth and was actually quite surprised how well it flies. I really thought I would get bored with it. I have 20 flights on it the past couple months and still can't wait to get it going. I am working on an Ultra Flash now. That really seems to be the gold standard for sport jets along with the Bandits.

Dan

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Either place I fly has 600+ foot of paved runway. Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming. I knew of the Tornado but not the reaction.

JohnVH

30cc
jhelber08;1340 wrote: Either place I fly has 600+ foot of paved runway. Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming. I knew of the Tornado but not the reaction.

600' is bigger than both the fields Im flying at in the videos, I think one is 300' other is 400' or so

2walla

50cc
I looked around a bit before taking the plunge into jets and ended up getting a CARF tutor. And i was smooth enough to talk Paul eagon into getting one too after his viper went in due to quality Chinese craftsmanship. I have been on the road too much this summer to get it done but i did get to see Andy Kane flying his at warbirds over Delaware while on a trip. He had told me a couple months earlier when i was ordering that he had sold his other jets and was only keeping the tutor. After seeing it fly in person. Everything that made me decide on it was validated. Flys and grooves like an extra 300. Slows down like a pussycat. Maybe 300 hundred feet ground roll on the high end on grass both takeoff and landing. Only downside is cost and it is BIG. I have a kingtech 180, behotec electric gear with trailing links, and 8411hv all around. Pauls is using a jetcat in his. We should have them flying this fall.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I'm looking at something in the size range for a rhino or kingtech 180. That's why I was leaning towards a King Cat....that and I know 3 or 4 guys who have them and would be able to help me along.

That's a very important consideration. I went with the Cheetah because one of the factory reps is also a club member. Plus, it has been an excellent turbine. I actually had it turned down to 26 lbs and it still makes my Reaction scream.

2405=1409-DSC_4913.jpg
2405=1409-DSC_4913.jpg
2405=1408-fif reaction3.jpg
2405=1408-fif reaction3.jpg

Do-rag

100cc
scaleforlife;2405 wrote: That's a very important consideration. I went with the Cheetah because one of the factory reps is also a club member. Plus, it has been an excellent turbine. I actually had it turned down to 26 lbs and it still makes my Reaction scream.

I can vouch for that as it is quite impressive even at 26lbs. I had a tornado with a Rabbit in it turned down to 14lbs and it was awesome as well at least until I had a brain fart and created a large yard sale with it.