• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Flying Withdraws Winter Sucks

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
We got hit with some bad weather a while back, but it has been pretty nice ever since. Right now it is near 70* F. All the storms just seem to be going around us. Sorry to those of you that have such bad weather. If it is any consolation... I haven't been flying in a couple weeks either. Too busy.

that sucks Nater good weather but no time to fly,, thats just as bad as being snowed in

No it's worse.... The one thing I can't stand is to look outside and see awesome weather and can't go get my fix for the day. It's pure torture!

Woot woot In the high 40s and clear tomorrow with winds under 5 mph looks like I'll take the 60 mile trip to Gideon to fly

i have it bad,,lol nah not that abad..the kennett field is just 25 miles from the house be everything is to wet right now so we had to come to gideon ot the Airport, we are all here flying now, but its a little windy but getting bettter by the day

[video=youtube_share;W5TAM8R591Q]http://youtu.be/W5TAM8R591Q[/video]well it was a good day put in about 4 or 5 good flights. Amost lost my 104 though, Due to me trying to tune in a smoke system and ran her out of gas. I will post a video when it gets done posting to Youtube. W atch the video and then notice on the up line at the end of the flight,, it sputterd and i put the nose down turned to quick final and landed. As soon as i got on the ground she died on roll out, checked the tank and it was bone dry

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

ILZ003>005-008-010>012-019>021-032-039-171815-
/O.COR.KLOT.WS.W.0005.140217T1200Z-140218T0000Z/
WINNEBAGO-BOONE-MCHENRY-OGLE-LEE-DE KALB-KANE-LA SALLE-KENDALL-
GRUNDY-LIVINGSTON-FORD-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ROCKFORD...BELVIDERE...WOODSTOCK...
OREGON...DIXON...DEKALB...AURORA...OTTAWA...OSWEGO...MORRIS...
PONTIAC...PAXTON
353 AM CST MON FEB 17 2014

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS
EVENING...

* TIMING...SNOW WILL DEVELOP THIS MORNING AND TAPER OFF BY EARLY
THIS EVENING.

* ACCUMULATION...4 TO 8 INCHES WITH ISOLATED AMOUNTS NEAR 10
INCHES.

* PRIMARY IMPACT...SNOW WILL OCCASIONALLY FALL VERY HEAVILY...WITH
SNOWFALL RATES IN SOME AREAS POSSIBLY REACHING A CRIPPLING TWO
TO THREE INCHES PER HOUR FOR A TIME...ESPECIALLY EARLY THIS
AFTERNOON. THIS WILL CAUSE ROADS TO BE SNOW COVERED AND TRAVEL
EXTREMELY DIFFICULT WITH VISIBILITY REDUCED TO ZERO AT TIMES.
UNNECESSARY TRAVEL SHOULD BE AVOIDED THIS AFTERNOON.

:facepalm:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
[video=youtube_share;W5TAM8R591Q]http://youtu.be/W5TAM8R591Q[/video]well it was a good day put in about 4 or 5 good flights. Amost lost my 104 though, Due to me trying to tune in a smoke system and ran her out of gas. I will post a video when it gets done posting to Youtube. W atch the video and then notice on the up line at the end of the flight,, it sputterd and i put the nose down turned to quick final and landed. As soon as i got on the ground she died on roll out, checked the tank and it was bone dry

Wow nice save!!! That wind looked terrible and is that ice I see all over the place? Nasty conditions.