• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Flying Withdraws Winter Sucks

So who all is having Flying withdraws.. I havnt flown in three weeks and the weather doesnt, look flyable for another three weeks,, been flying the sim, but it sure isnt giving me the fix that I need, what about yall

Cravenjw

30cc
Until yesterday, I had not got out due to weather in almost 2 months. But a couple of us slapped on the skiis and burnt some gas and the got rid of cabin fever. Long overdue!!! If I had seen this post first, I would have posted my vids here. I posted them in the 89 slick and 92 edge threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

So who all is having Flying withdraws.. I havnt flown in three weeks and the weather doesnt, look flyable for another three weeks,, been flying the sim, but it sure isnt giving me the fix that I need, what about yall

me! me! I am! having withdrawal...keep looking at all that snow....and feeling the cold...

I'm gonna have to visit somewhere south of here pretty soon!

gyro

GSN Contributor
With all the slush and sleet this year, I'm getting a taste of "winter" down here in Texas, and it's definitely interfering with my fun! I want to fly!!!!!

SnowDog

Yeah this is in real for Arkansas and dang it's doing it again and selling for more next week

Posted this in another thread, but what the heck, these pics belong here most of all:

pics of neighbor's driveways:
20140206_081526.jpg

20140206_081506.jpg

20140206_081444.jpg

this is my driveway:
20140206_081355.jpg

Can't even get to the field; the gate is fully covered by snow and ice from the snowplows that plow the road.

gyro

GSN Contributor
This was waiting for me when I got home from work this evening... Leftover ice and snow from last night, that never melted off all day! In San Antonio!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391731941.355191.jpg