• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

First Question?!?!

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Hey joe got any tricks to doing rolling harriers in a straight line. Lol. I can do them in circles pretty well but have a hard time going straight.

I have noticed that planes generally want to drift to the left during rolling harriers which makes circles easier. Try to actually do a clockwise circle and you should notice that constantly trying to do that should keep the plane going somewhat straight

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Hmm ok I'll give that a shot. Except I'll try counterclockwise since I always end up going clockwise. Lol. Same theory would apply I assume? I'm getting confident at doing them even though I end up in a circle. Was doing a bunch right down on the deck earlier tonight, granted its with a foamie but have only been a this extreme stuff for a couple months. Thanks for the tips. It's much appreciated.

scarface

50cc
Hmm ok I'll give that a shot. Except I'll try counterclockwise since I always end up going clockwise. Lol. Same theory would apply I assume? I'm getting confident at doing them even though I end up in a circle. Was doing a bunch right down on the deck earlier tonight, granted its with a foamie but have only been a this extreme stuff for a couple months. Thanks for the tips. It's much appreciated.

I am not Joe but I will just say I have spent hours that probably add up into a couple of weeks on the sim practicing rollers, I can go any direction I want now. I remeber back in FEB. Joe joined my session and I was embarrassed because all I could do is hover for 20 seconds, lol! I am also getting pretty good at rifle rollers on the sim to, I have not just had a plane in awhile to try it in real life yet.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I am not Joe but I will just say I have spent hours that probably add up into a couple of weeks on the sim practicing rollers, I can go any direction I want now. I remeber back in FEB. Joe joined my session and I was embarrassed because all I could do is hover for 20 seconds, lol! I am also getting pretty good at rifle rollers on the sim to, I have not just had a plane in awhile to try it in real life yet.

That's fantastic Keith. I really wish I had the self discipline (and time) to really focus on a maneuver on the sim.

quadracer

100cc
I am not a "roller" by any means, but if you're doing circles and want to go straight, you will need to either slow your stir or speed it up in relation to your roll rate. I know what has to happen, but I can't make my hands do it to save my life.

Well a plane naturally drifts in a counter clockwise direction so you always have to be pulling it towards a clockwise circle in order to keep it going straight.

I spent a good month figuring out rollers on the sim... Still fine tuning, but I guess you can always improve :)

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
rollers are hard to master, I still suck but I'm getting there, but what I have noticed is that they are so much easier on bigger planes, I've been trying forever to get good on them with my 48" edge and 42 slick, somewhat afraid to risk my larger planes, but they are actually much easier on my 60" ef extra and 51 slick and I'm sure even easier on the bigger planes that I haven't bought...yet