• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

First Question?!?!

G.P.

70cc twin V2
A chuckle is basically a normal tumble starting from inverted and then switching the aileron direction. A normal tumble would start from inverted, the right gimbal would go to the top right corner, and the left gimbal would go to the bottom left at the same time. A second after you do those inputs, switch to full left aileron and it should flatten the plane out and cause it to end upright, facing in the opposite direction.
:cool:

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain that Joe. I'll have to give it a shot next time I'm out!

edit: Does size matter? (Airframe size that is!)

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Wow going to have to try that one tomorrow. Don't know if my foamie has enough momentum to make it look that good but at least can practice the stick movements. Thanks joe.

Foamies will simply not do this maneuver due to momentum, except for the larger full fuse epp foamies. I haven't really noticed much correspondence between size of plane and capabilty of performing the manuever. There are some planes that just don't like it, and then there are others that perfrom it effortlessly.

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Cool joe yeah didn't think so. Guess I'll have to try it with my 3dhs EPP edge that's on the way. Should be here end of week I hope. Ordered today.

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Thanks can't wait. Hoping all the pieces arrive before next weekends trip to visit friends. Really want to bring it. Hehe

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
I've been having fun with these today on my 51" slick, so much fun that I temperately forgot how to do pop tops, (don't laugh it happens as you get older) but what happen while trying to remember how to do a pop top was one of the coolest moves ever (don't know how I did it or if I will ever be able to do it again but I did it like 4 times in a row), full power horizontal to up line to half power on tumble and I ended up with a cool 2 turn KE spin to flat spin that just hung like a pop top. Joe you probably have a name for it

Very cool!!! I haven't ever tried the maneuver you were describing so I will have to give it a go the next time I am out. :D