• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FAA Announces their rules for radio controlled aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
There is no such rule. Safety code 2(f) simply states that your name and address or AMA number be attached to the inside or the exterior of the aircraft.
and as long as you follow the safety code, you will be covered by AMA insurance policy......hmmmmm

M

Matt

There is no such rule. Safety code 2(f) simply states that your name and address or AMA number be attached to the inside or the exterior of the aircraft.
That is my mistake... It is a club thing supposedly for our club but no one does it and I mistakingly assumed it was just copied from the AMA safety code... Sorry for the mis-Information

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Funny thing is, there are several high and mighty members here that say how well the AMA and its members are law abiding and safe ...... but are also willing to NOT register their aircraft, breaking a federal law, and fly anyway........ go figure.
They are high...but only 400ft high.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Hey Bart, just imagine some jackwagon from the FSDO stopping by your field and determining in his opinion that you are flying in a reckless manner. You're an ATP holder, so you should know better, so he's going after your certificate now. Fun times ahead.
that thought has crossed my mind. Bob Hoover had a bad day with an incompetent FAA guy and it ruined his career.

That is my mistake... It is a club thing supposedly for our club but no one does it and I mistakingly assumed it was just copied from the AMA safety code... Sorry for the mis-Information

I think it is actually a recommendation, it a requirement or rule. Just like this garbage going on now with the FAA.... Should be a recommendation, but not a requirement or rule.

I think I have put 1 of those please call if you find me tags in 1 of my airplanes.....

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Funny thing is, there are several high and mighty members here that say how well the AMA and its members are law abiding and safe ...... but are also willing to NOT register their aircraft, breaking a federal law, and fly anyway........ go figure.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey, he is obligated to do so."

Status
Not open for further replies.