• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

dribar

70cc twin V2
Small steps...
My [correct] arms showed up in the mail so I got the airleron's put together last night. On my DX-8 I pushed the travel to 130% each way -- wow! I'll measure the angles later when it is all put together, but I was amazed at the travel, and the speed of the travel. Amazing. Can't wait to get her in the air.

IMG_3887.jpg

Also got a package from FromeCo with my DC-UP and the wrong batteries. I'm a firm believer in this little booster plus it looks cool :)
IMG_3888.jpg

For some reason I'm having a lot of vendor problems lately -- kind'of down on the whole thing but we'll see. The DA-60 finally shipped yesterday after weeks of waiting. Batteries were a two week wait and then showed up wrong. All from vendors I've come to trust over the years. They must all be having bad days...

small steps.

Peace.

The only word of caution is have for the 7956SHR is don't do rudder touches with it. I did one with my Edge and the arm sheered! It is very thin actually where it attaches to the spline. This in the end is a 7954 with a fancy arm arrangement. Hitec replaced it, but it is not impervious.

I just ordered a bunch of servo tray hardware for my big 110 Yak as one BLS-157 is not enough, even with a tray arrangement to reduce the load on the spline.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Small steps...
My [correct] arms showed up in the mail so I got the airleron's put together last night. On my DX-8 I pushed the travel to 130% each way -- wow! I'll measure the angles later when it is all put together, but I was amazed at the travel, and the speed of the travel. Amazing. Can't wait to get her in the air.

View attachment 18816

Also got a package from FromeCo with my DC-UP and the wrong batteries. I'm a firm believer in this little booster plus it looks cool :)
View attachment 18817

For some reason I'm having a lot of vendor problems lately -- kind'of down on the whole thing but we'll see. The DA-60 finally shipped yesterday after weeks of waiting. Batteries were a two week wait and then showed up wrong. All from vendors I've come to trust over the years. They must all be having bad days...

small steps.

Peace.

You may want to put the lock nut on those Secraft cable tensioners.

They do serve the purpose of stoping the red bit unscrewing once you have the vibration from the engine running through the airframe.