• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

dribar

70cc twin V2
New rudder servo came in the mail. I picked the Hitec HS-7956 mostly because it looks cool. The specs are good but dang, it just looks cool. My daughter picked up on that too :)

IMG_3816.jpg

This is the spot in the Yak that they made for the rudder servo:

IMG_3817.jpg

...and my new piece of ply to epoxy in

IMG_3818.jpg
IMG_3819.jpg
IMG_3821.jpg

And now it's screwed in. Looks great right?

IMG_3822.jpg

Caught a Florida cold that might hamper my enthusiasm for a few days. Next is the pull-pull cables.

gyro

GSN Contributor
That servo does look really good!
Based on specs, it should handle that rudder with ease, and last forever. Nice choice :)

dribar

70cc twin V2
Started hooking up the pull-pull system and couldn't get the turnbuckles threaded into the ends. Spent a long time and ended up using the ends from EF instead. You'd never know [style-wise] and they went right together. Anyway -- pull-pull is complete.

IMG_3825.jpg

There didn't seem to be a designated spot for the receiver in this plane although there is a lot of space. I built a small platform that fits behind the wing tube bulkhead and in front of the rudder platform. Check it out. I did a test fit of the receiver and it looks good. The two battery wires from the AR9110 will run perfectly forward where the batteries will be on the outside of the tank. There should be good wire length to allow a slide forward and aft for balance.

IMG_3826.jpg

dribar

70cc twin V2
No pictures, but I got my elevator all hinged up, control horn installed and gap sealed in prep for the monster Savox servos that should show up in a few days.

Installed my throttle servo HS-5495BH but no linkage yet until the da-60 shows up.
IMG_3842.jpg

Installed the fuel dot on the left hand side by drilling a single hole. I like the dots from JEM because of the bigger pulling surface. Works well with my hands.
IMG_3843.jpg

Got my 4titude RTU fuel tank [go] in the mail today and did a quick test fit -- looks great especially with the blue lines. All plumbed in - at least to the fuel dot and the vent line.
IMG_3845.jpg

Receiver batteries from FromeCo will be showing up in a few days as well as the Savox servos for the ailerons and elevator. Batteries should sit perfectly on both sides of the tank to complete the pic.Will need to get the wing hinged and ready.

That's all for now. Did get to fly my MXS today -- 5 flights with no one else at the field :)

Peace.

Attachments

• IMG_3844.jpg
    IMG_3844.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 353
Last edited by a moderator:

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I was there July 3 just to check it out. Nice club, the guys there had mostly EG planes that day.

dribar

70cc twin V2
I fly extreme flight exclusively and have only seen one other guy with one. It's a great location and only three miles from my house. After 2pm it is empty on most days so you get a 500' runway all to yourself.

Let me know next time you're around and I'll try to meet you up there. Peace.

BTW- look at my avatar-- that is the runway from my old 88" yak

dribar

70cc twin V2
Bad news is that I'm still waiting on parts to arrive. According to all of my emails, everything should arrive in the coming week.

In the meantime I got some busy work done including mounting the ignition switch / charge jack. Going with an A123 battery up front.
IMG_3856.jpgIMG_3862.jpg

...and installing the servos in the wings. A few days ago I hinged the wings and sealed the gaps. If you're wondering why there is no linkage, I had ordered MPI arms a while back for hitec servos and ended up using the Savox instead. Had to re-order the arms :( The Savox servos fit in the wing with ZERO slop. Perfect fit.
IMG_3864.JPGIMG_3863.JPG

...and btw, my spinner showed up from Tru-turn. Wendy helped me thru the process to make sure I got the right parts. GREAT customer service.
IMG_3859.JPGIMG_3865.jpg

This should be an exciting week with the DA-60 showing up, slim line muffler, Mpi arms, receiver packs & DC-up from FromeCo.

Peace