• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

CHQ28

50cc
This may have been brought up before, are there any plans for new planes coming out in the 70" range to go along with the Extra?

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Theres talk of 78 mxs laser and yak

Those are all good talks!!! LASER!
Anyone who hasn't pulled one, do it and you will know why those of who have want a bigger one. I can't say enough about it. Each flight just gets better and better. One of our "senior" guys snatched up the last yellow one. Any idea of restock anyone?

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
The 78" MXS will be here at some point and Chris is looking at more but not sure what he is cooking up.
Jeff

Tell Chris that a huge helping of LASER and a side dish of MXS-R would fit nicely on my EF 78" platter!!!!!!! Thank you!

I'd like to know if that 60" Laser is having the same popularity it's having here in the NE as everywhere else? Anyone?

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
I think the Laser is the hot 60-class EXP everywhere right now. I also think there has been a rejuvenation of the 78 Extra now that guys are powering it to 3500W on electric, and the new 40cc twin seems to be a winner, so far. All that plane needed was a touch more power and it really blossomed as a 3D airframe, IMO.

I'd personally like to see a 70 to 74 inch Laser since transporting two 78's in the back of the SUV is not going to happen. I actually bought a plane from another manufacturer for the first time in over two years just to get a 74 inch that will fit with my son's 78. Turned out to be a winner, but I'd still prefer the two servos, split elevators, and bolt on stabs that EF goes with from 70 inches and up. And let's face it, an 11 pound airplane is so much easier and less expensive to power to a 2-to-1 power to weight in both gas and electric than a 13+ plane.

Attachments

• SEFI Lineup.JPG
    SEFI Lineup.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 243