• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks guys!

I always ran the 15x8 on my MXS and loved it. I might try a 16x7 at some point on the Laser to get a bit more pull and a little quicker roll at low speed.

Cody,

I'm currently trying a 15x8 aeronaut on mine, and remember you mentioning you liked these props in the past. Noticed you switched to the Xoar for the Laser. Thoughts?

ryan_m

100cc
Gary,
I have a 15x8 Aeronaut on my MXS that you saw at the FLI. I like it on there quite a bit.
Have always ran the Xoar's in the past, but that Aeronaut seemed to have a bit less torque effect that the 16x8 Xoar that I had on there previously.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Cody,

I'm currently trying a 15x8 aeronaut on mine, and remember you mentioning you liked these props in the past. Noticed you switched to the Xoar for the Laser. Thoughts?

I was running the Aeronaut on the Extra for a while. It's faster and pulls a bit harder than the Xoar; it has a wider blade. It's also a bit heavier, but not as much as an APC. The Xoar gives a little bit better flight time, spools up quicker, has plenty of power, (but not as much as the Aeronaut) and since it's lighter it lets the plane tumble a bit better while putting less stress on the bearings.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
One step closer to a 104 me wingman bought my 88.

YeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaa

Well done dude.

What was the selling pitch? Only flown on Sundays and never hovered.

I'm loving the edge and the DA70 is awesome.

Spinning the carbon vess 24B at 7100 rpm now after 15 flights. Frecken insanity.

Thinking of pulling the DA60 and pipe from the 91" to sell off and get another DA70 for that plane as well.

Feral

I wouldnt go selling the 60 in a hurry unless your willing to get peanuts for it. Or slap a DA100L in the 91 that would be insane.

If I want a 90"er later on ill grab a 91 yak and da70

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
I wouldnt go selling the 60 in a hurry unless your willing to get peanuts for it. Or slap a DA100L in the 91 that would be insane.

If I want a 90"er later on ill grab a 91 yak and da70

Maybe she needs a plane bender smooth pipe instead then?

She's just such a heavy beast or it's size, looking for more punch out.

quadracer

100cc
Myself, Bryan Baker, and Jeff Williams had a little fun fly today at my wife's grandma's farm. Weather was awesome and so was the company!
[video=youtube;4YLq9XWIn5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YLq9XWIn5o[/video]