• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

It did develop a crack in the case, that has been warranty replaced. Just mounted the rebuilt one and will be breaking it on Saturday I hope. I am running a Xoar 25 3DA for break in. The main issue with this motor and the DA-70 is that there are no good Carbon Fiber props yet for it. The 26x8 is a hovering and harrier machine, but it does not spool up for speed. I can run a 24x12 to get a ton of speed, but then it will be harder to do high alpha stuff. A 25x10 or 25x9 would be perfect I think, but the only CF one out there is Biela, which is my experience is a higher loaded prop and won't be to my liking

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Finally got my 60" Laser video done

[video=youtube;4mv8XkaneBg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mv8XkaneBg[/video]

Has any one heard news when Exteme Flight is going to get the power combo back in the Torque 4016 and the Airboss 80A ESC? I've been waiting for six weeks now so I can finish up my 60" Extra 300.

Last edited by a moderator:

ryan_m

100cc
Has any one heard news when Exteme Flight is going to get the power combo back in the Torque 4016 and the Airboss 80A ESC? I've been waiting for six weeks now so I can finish up my 60" Extra 300.

Motrolfly 4315-480 w/lightened backplate, and a ZTW Gecko 85 are about the same price as the combo, and work just as well... and are available now. Also it won't stutter when starting the prop from a dead stop like the Airboss does. That drives me nuts.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Motrolfly 4315-480 w/lightened backplate, and a ZTW Gecko 85 are about the same price as the combo, and work just as well... and are available now. Also it won't stutter when starting the prop from a dead stop like the Airboss does. That drives me nuts.

That's the combo on my laser, works great, plenty of power, doesn't get too hot. :D

However, the Airboss/Torque combo are a perfectly excellent option, and work great. To fix the stutter, add an idle up for the throttle, so the prop doesn't stop entirely.

G

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador

As usual, great demo of a great airframe Cody. EFs 60" "Papi plane", a DH that puts out when you need it. Go Sox!

Luv3d

70cc twin V2

Great video Cody! spectacular control- inspiring to see those rapid transitions and the energy addition you have with that 15x8! I have to admit, I've been hung up on flying 16x7's on these planes, but I really like the way you open up the sky with your style and may try that on my MXS.

The soundtrack is fantastic too- looks like itunes just made some more cash!

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Thanks guys!

Great video Cody! spectacular control- inspiring to see those rapid transitions and the energy addition you have with that 15x8! I have to admit, I've been hung up on flying 16x7's on these planes, but I really like the way you open up the sky with your style and may try that on my MXS.

The soundtrack is fantastic too- looks like itunes just made some more cash!

I always ran the 15x8 on my MXS and loved it. I might try a 16x7 at some point on the Laser to get a bit more pull and a little quicker roll at low speed.