• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
I get asked that all the time. The 91 control surfaces are almost the same size as the 104 and it is of course smaller and lighter. The DA-120 is proportionally more powerful, but now that I have about 150 flights on the DA-60/RE2 it has great power, it is only slightly behind. Clearly the 91 with 1 servo per aileron needs the best servos you can find. Originally I had 7955's which were an epic fail, so they were replaced with Savox 2270's and it is much better but could still use a bit more. I would say that the 91 is 95% of the capability at 1/2 the cost and the reason I fly it so much is it is easier to transport, set up and fly.
I went with the FUTABA bls157 all round on my 91" and they are amazingly solid, strong and fast.

I've seen guys flying the 104 on da120 and the power was much better then the da60/re2 on my 91" from my opinion. Just looking at punch out from hover the da120 seems double the performance of th da60 on an airframe that's only a few kg heavier.

I've got the da70 running in the 88" egde now and love it. This truly is electric type foamy power, but god does its leave my ears ringing after a lot of down low close 3D flying.

Feral

Harden up Rog ;) thats the best bit noone will come within coooeee of you while your flying. The 170 on a vess 32b woody was clearing the field out god damn loud.

Your 91 goes hard but I aint sold on the tuned pipe bit me 88 hovers a click off idle

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Harden up Rog ;) thats the best bit noone will come within coooeee of you while your flying. The 170 on a vess 32b woody was clearing the field out god damn loud.

Your 91 goes hard but I aint sold on the tuned pipe bit me 88 hovers a click off idle

But ain't your 88" just on straight DA60, no pipe? If it hovering almost on idle you must have your throttle links out of wack or something?

even on the pipe, my 91" doesn't hover at one click off idle. But it does take some throttle jockying to stabilise a hover. But then again, so do my electrics.

The 88" on DA70 is doing waterfalls easy, right on the deck. Looks sweet, sounds like a beast and goes like a missile. A lot more throttle control on the DA70 without a tuned pipe, that's for sure. the DA60/RE2 is definitely a lot more on/off compared to the DA70 with dump mufflers.

Feral

Exactly that bro power comes on from idle with a pitts guarantee ya if you put a pitts on your 91 it will hover within a few clicks

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Exactly that bro power comes on from idle with a pitts guarantee ya if you put a pitts on your 91 it will hover within a few clicks

Piss it off and go the drop muffler then.

The DA70 is very gradual pickup as the throttle is advanced. there's no great rush to contend with for 3D flying.

She is an oily bugger though. Took me 45 minutes last night after three flights to clean all the black crap off the airframe. Black crap every where!!!!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Piss it off and go the drop muffler then.

The DA70 is very gradual pickup as the throttle is advanced. there's no great rush to contend with for 3D flying.

She is an oily bugger though. Took me 45 minutes last night after three flights to clean all the black crap off the airframe. Black crap every where!!!!!

Running a little rich for break in?

Feral

My 60 spews oil too bro looks like 90,0000 flys crapped on my plane.
I havnt touched the needles from factory if she aint playing up dont touch em I reakon

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
My 60 spews oil too bro looks like 90,0000 flys crapped on my plane.
I havnt touched the needles from factory if she aint playing up dont touch em I reakon

So you selling a bunch of spare motors and servos to get into the DA120/104" setup mate?

Probably about time to standardise?

Get something that fits between those damn power lines on your right!

Feral

Hahahaha I measured them there 3m apart 104 should be able to ke between them ;)

The 88 is up for grabs turn key and my Trex 550.

Ill probably just end up running a 104 and the 70" theres a couple more 70"s up at da I may end up grabbing them for spares.

I frakin love my 70" easaly the best plane ive ever flown