• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 60" Laser Build Thread

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Now for a little rant. My 4315-480 being returned from Ken is still AWOL and it looks like the USPS has lost it. Ken wants to wait two more days before doing some kind of replacement so not going to be finished for a bit.

Now for my rant - the USPS customer service and their tracking system is a %#@*&^! joke. It is an illusion. My local post office says "not my problem" and just gives me phone numbers to call. The problem is those phone numbers again are an illusion, a firewall to prevent a customer from interrupting the hard working postal workers. One number is noting more than a recording that we are to busy taking other calls but there is no option to hold on an wait. I must have had 30 attempts yesterday. The second number is an automated number that loops over and over with no way to get transferred to a human, again we don't want to slow anyone down. I tried hitting 0, #0, *0, mentioning customer service every time it asked how it could help. I loved it when after I said customer service it said "I do not understand your command" - EXACTLY the problem, they do not understand.

Okay sorry to vent but that is my world right now. Eager to finish this build and get flying.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Lets try and keep this about the Laser build please and if necessary start the which connector is better thread if possible

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Thanks Gary and guys.

So with the wasted time waiting on my motor I got to play around with some cockpit design. Timing was perfect too because Tim H over in the Beast 60e thread has some really nice graphics going for his Beast. He was kind enough to post them for other to use and to my surprise fit close but not perfect. I sent him what I had because I read when he was going to purchase a Laser and to my surprise he sent me an update with my dimension changes that I did plus he added the Bud Light sponsor ship and even changed the dash tail number to match Leo's. I will post the files here for others to use because they are not finished yet.

I added some foam (the white that you can see) to the back of the cowl because the Laser cowl there is so deep it would hard to see. This foam I plan on covering with some nylon dark gray cloth that will look like carbon fiber. The red will be added to maybe something 3/16" thick to give it some 3D standoff look. There is some clear showing in front of the dash and I am not sure what I will do. The easiest will be to paint it black from the inside to simulate the dashboard but I may shape and fit a piece that I will cover with matching nylon cloth as the back.

This just printed in draft on standard paper but my plans are to print on photo paper for better realism.

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 367
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 348
Last edited by a moderator: