• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Choosing an air frame----frustrations!

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Very good points I had not considered with gas. I am not intimidated by the gas engine as I do have experience with carb tuning. Another thought about flying at home, a deadstick would be much more of an ordeal than at the field. I really do not have much of a charging setup either. That situation needs to be corrected as well.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Well, I am still undecided. It seems to me right now a 60" electric might be my ticket. I really do want something bigger. Gas makes much more sense once you get to the 70" range imho from what I have learned. I do still think I will wait until after Toledo to hammer this out. You never know what I might find!

What day are you going? I will be there most of the day on Friday. It looks like 3DHS is not going as I don't see them on the vendor list. I think they are going to SEFF instead as they as so close together. That means that the 3D vendors will be Precision Aerobatics and AJ Aircraft, Redwing is listed, and maybe GMP has something.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I will be there Friday. Hopper and my son will be there as well. I used to go every year. The last time I went was 2003 I believe.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Red! Had to go red. Planning on motrolfly and ZtW Gecko. 6s 3300? Servo choice sounds like 7245's are the only solid choice? My logic is get the 60 and fly. Then build gasser and take my time and enjoy the learning curve.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Red! Had to go red. Planning on motrolfly and ZtW Gecko. 6s 3300? Servo choice sounds like 7245's are the only solid choice? My logic is get the 60 and fly. Then build gasser and take my time and enjoy the learning curve.

6s3300 is perfect. Checkout YellowJackets and Glacier packs.
The HS-7245MH are the best performing servo for the price. You can get some absurdly powered heli servos, I think [MENTION=646]cwojcik[/MENTION] and [MENTION=699]3dbandit[/MENTION] used them, but they're a bit more expensive.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Geeked! Get this one done and then going gas. Thanks for all the help guys! I know servos make the plane for sure.