• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

Tseres

150cc
Have not taken the plans out of the box yet. That may be a good idea. May give us a better look at things.

thepamster

70cc twin V2
If you remove the plans from the box does that mean that winter has officially started? If so maybe you should leave them in the box a little longer. Lol.

Do-rag

100cc
thepamster;16100 wrote: If you remove the plans from the box does that mean that winter has officially started? If so maybe you should leave them in the box a little longer. Lol.

If that is the case leave them in the box and build it without plans.

Tseres

150cc
thepamster;16100 wrote: If you remove the plans from the box does that mean that winter has officially started? If so maybe you should leave them in the box a little longer. Lol.

To late. It looks like my fist suspicions were correct.

16115=10872-DSC_0001.jpg
16115=10872-DSC_0001.jpg
16115=10873-DSC_0002.jpg
16115=10873-DSC_0002.jpg
16115=10874-DSC_0003.jpg
16115=10874-DSC_0003.jpg

Tseres

150cc
Do-rag;16112 wrote: If that is the case leave them in the box and build it without plans.

Never fear. I rolled them back up and taped the box up. Be about a month before I open it again. Maybe later if the weather is good. LOL.

thepamster

70cc twin V2
Well my first thought would be to leave the landing gear mounted to the wing and only unbolt the front portion. Since the front of the wing seams to be only attached by dowel this would be just like having 2 additional wing bolts that would attach the front part of the landing gear.

Tseres

150cc
My thought is the opposite. Need to leave the gear on for ease of transport. I may redesign the wing to be a 3 peace.

I knew I shouldn't have opened up the box. My brains on fire. LOL.

thepamster

70cc twin V2
Yep, that is why I was wondering about the 1 or 2 piece wings. That will takes some engineering making it a 3 piece. But I know you are the one that can tackle that task for sure.

Isn't there also an arf version of that plane? If so I wonder what they do on that one.

Tseres

150cc
I've never seen an Arf version. It would be great if there was one.

Maybe I can send the Wing planns to Terry and he can Modify the planns on his computer.

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
I have a Fly Baby that have the landing gear mounted the same way. I unscrew the straps that attach the gear to the wing, hinge the gear forward to remove the wing then tie the gear back up with a piece of string for transport. I'll try to get a picture or two of it to explain better.