• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

Super08

70cc twin V2
Oh how I remember die crunched parts. Some kits would be real nice and others some of the parts would be crushed so bad you would have to make new parts from balsa sheet. I picked up an old kit on eBay from the early 80's. Some of the parts are crushed and others the balsa is hardly cut at all and it us hard to make out the outline of the part to cut it out of the sheet.

Tseres

150cc
Patience is a virtue Brian. Especially with this one.It'll be a month or more before I start.

I thought someone might have some stories or pictures about the Camel that they could ad here.

I'm getting crispy from sitting and standing in the sun. I'm glad tomorrow is the last day in Muncie.

thepamster

70cc twin V2
Tseres;15337 wrote: I'm getting crispy from sitting and standing in the sun. I'm glad tomorrow is the last day in Muncie.

A well done Tom is a good Tom nonetheless. Thats what I always say. Lol.

Tseres

150cc
OK, the World Championships is over. Made a few new friends and it was well worth the sacrifice to help out IMAC. But now you know this is Indiana and the weather changed. Went form the hottest day of the year on Friday to a cold dreary wet morning. It slowly warmed up. And I was able to shed the Jacket by about 2 pm. It got all the way up to about 74F.

Now I have to fix the garage door opener. It opened up on its own and quit working. This aught to be good. I don't know anything about Garage Door Openers. If I can't fix it I do have the phone # of the guys that put it in. LOL.

Then this afternoon It's my "Grand Daughters First Birthday Party."

Maybe I'll have a chance to looke at ththe box of wood a little closser tomorrow.:cool:

Tseres

150cc
Had a chance to glance through the manual today. It bummed me out when I found out that the landing gear wire bolts on the bottom of the wing. That means I have to take off the landing gear if I want to take the lower wing off. There has to be a better way. I'll take a closer look at this area when I get more time.

thepamster

70cc twin V2
Are those one piece wings or two piece? I'm guessing one.

Maybe you can post a picture of the landing gear mounting area from the plans so we can all have a look see.