• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Article: DOC AUSTIN - Testing: Hi Tec's New HS5070MH Servos

gyro

GSN Contributor
You bet Gary! Looking forward to seeing the pics of her all finished up!

Haven't got it outside for a proper pic yet, but here is what I've got so far, thanks again!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393477923.666561.jpg

arkie

30cc
Haven't got it outside for a proper pic yet, but here is what I've got so far, thanks again!!!
View attachment 21553

Hello Gary,

I have one these coming at the end of the week. You were flying in Arkansas a few days ago with Ryan and Bryan (my son) and he told me the Edge was impressive. I had been on the fence about ordering one until he told me about yours. I have a 72" Extra and been wanting a smaller plane to fly.

What battery are your flying? I have some 3s 2200mAh I was going start with but think I will get a couple of 4s as well. What C rating do I need with this plane? I will be using EF combo motor.

I like the graphics you have. Is that yellow layered on top of the black? I have a vinyl cutter and will cut my own.

Thanks,

Lee

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hello Gary,

I have one these coming at the end of the week. You were flying in Arkansas a few days ago with Ryan and Bryan (my son) and he told me the Edge was impressive. I had been on the fence about ordering one until he told me about yours. I have a 72" Extra and been wanting a smaller plane to fly.

What battery are your flying? I have some 3s 2200mAh I was going start with but think I will get a couple of 4s as well. What C rating do I need with this plane? I will be using EF combo motor.

I like the graphics you have. Is that yellow layered on top of the black? I have a vinyl cutter and will cut my own.

Thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee! Wish you could have joined us, would have been happy to let you fly it.

I prefer the 4s setups on the EF models, especially with the stock power combo.
On 3s, you'll need a 14x7 prop, on 4s a 12x6.

Batteries I'd recommend are at least 30c:
[MENTION=2393]YellowJacketsRC[/MENTION] which I was using that day at the field:
http://www.yellowjacketsrc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=55

And I also like these from buddyrc:
http://www.buddyrc.com/glacier-30c-2600mah-4s1p.html

The vinyl is yellow layered on top of black.

Please let me know if you have any other questions on the build!

arkie

30cc
Hi Lee! Wish you could have joined us, would have been happy to let you fly it.

I prefer the 4s setups on the EF models, especially with the stock power combo.
On 3s, you'll need a 14x7 prop, on 4s a 12x6.

Batteries I'd recommend are at least 30c:
[MENTION=2393]YellowJacketsRC[/MENTION] which I was using that day at the field:
http://www.yellowjacketsrc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=55

And I also like these from buddyrc:
http://www.buddyrc.com/glacier-30c-2600mah-4s1p.html

The vinyl is yellow layered on top of black.

Please let me know if you have any other questions on the build!

Thanks, can't wait to get started, on spring break next (work for a school district) so I plan on getting so flying in. I am using HS65MG except the rudder will be a 85MG. I did get 13x6.5 props to use with the 3s batts.

Hey guys, enjoyed going through this thread. It just makes it harder to do what I have to do. I'm buying a package deal from a guy and I need to sell one of the planes and it looks like the edge is the one to go. I'm trying to find out what a fair price is for it. It is the Red, white, and blue scheme. Torque motor, hs65 servos. Excellent condition. Just looking for a ball park figure. I will post it in the classifieds in a week or so when I get the plane and can get some pictures.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey guys, enjoyed going through this thread. It just makes it harder to do what I have to do. I'm buying a package deal from a guy and I need to sell one of the planes and it looks like the edge is the one to go. I'm trying to find out what a fair price is for it. It is the Red, white, and blue scheme. Torque motor, hs65 servos. Excellent condition. Just looking for a ball park figure. I will post it in the classifieds in a week or so when I get the plane and can get some pictures.

$400-450