• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Article: DOC AUSTIN - Testing: Hi Tec's New HS5070MH Servos

I just finished a new 48" Edge EXP. This is my cleanest build yet, and I am really, really pleased with it.

Doc, that plane looks killer. I can't wait to read the article.
Let me know the next time you come down to the Silent Flyers field. The guys always tell me I need to see this one guy named Austin!!!

Happy Flying

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
Doc, that plane looks killer.

These EXP schemes look really good without decals. I have always especially loved this one.

I can't wait to read the article

Check the article again. I added two new videos. They are actually old footage of my last Edge that I misplaced, but they are still mildly entertaining.

Let me know the next time you come down to the Silent Flyers field. The guys always tell me I need to see this one guy named Austin!!!

We sure had a good time flying at Mid Florida. The whole club made us all feel right at home. We used to have a 3D fly-in there on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Why don't you guys consider putting on an Extreme Flight fly-in on the same date?

Last edited by a moderator:
We sure had a good time flying at Mid Florida. The whole club made us all feel right at home. We used to have a 3D fly-in there on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Why don't you guys consider putting on an Extreme Flight fly-in on the same date?

Great Videos
I'll ask about hosting a fly in!

gyro

GSN Contributor

We've had some initial discussions, but it didn't go anywhere... I'll talk to Chris again next month in Bowling Green

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
We've had some initial discussions, but it didn't go anywhere... I'll talk to Chris again next month in Bowling Green

A friend (who is now out of the hobby) organized the first three events we had at Mid Florida, and they were very gracious and accommodating hosts. All we need for another event is someone to organize things, which I am not very good at. I'm pretty sure Mid Florida would love to have us back if we could put something together. I think they enjoyed it as much as we did.

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
Beyond The Edge Of Darkness

TP_Edge+EXP_RWB__009.jpg

Thanks for shooting that. I'll probably lean on you again next time.

You want to fly at SPARKS some afternoon?

Sure! Never flown at a fuel/gas field before. I've got a crazy schedule, so just let me know when you're going ahead of time and I'll come up.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I haven't had a 48" plane in a little while, and when faced with a choice I went back to what was probably my favorite all time 48" plane, the EF Edge (sorry [MENTION=1122]danielph[/MENTION], I know you wanted me to get the Extra!)

I'm completely smitten with the Red/Yellow/Black scheme (had 2 previously a few years ago) and how stable this plane is for its size. Looking forward to a reunion with an old friend... because as soon as they restocked on the EF site yesterday, I ordered one!

My plan for the innards:

Savox SH-0255MG servos all around
Motrolfly DM-2820/870kv spinning a 13x6.5" on 4s
ZTW Gecko 65A ESC

going to be doing some battery comparisons in this one, the Tunderpower G4 4s2650, the Glacier 4s2600, and the YellowJacketsRC 4s2600.

Delivery day for the plane is early next week, with the gear to follow shortly. Can't wait!

For nostalgia's sake, here is the last 48 Edge I had, back in spring 2012:
IMG_0899.JPG