• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Extra 300 EXP

hone

150cc
Glad the maiden went well! That roll rate is insane isn't it? I remember when i did the maiden on my 60'' Extra i had the biggest smile on my face when i landed.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Glad the maiden went well! That roll rate is insane isn't it? I remember when i did the maiden on my 60'' Extra i had the biggest smile on my face when i landed.
Yes, you can tell I enjoyed it. Now the stops are out and that airframe is in for a work out. Two funny potentially fatal preflight errors- 1. On low rates I wondered why it was so sensitive? Low rate elev. expo 18% !? High rate fine at 65%, missed that one! (don't know how that got in there) 2. Timer set to trainer button? (all other planes on radio (13) set to throttle up! missed that one too! Fortunately a friend asked (at about 15%), how's your time? Landed at 6%! Two "cranial hemorrhoid" moves that could have turned that smile into a frown! "Those that have and those that will" Dodged one this time.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks Gary. I've seen it a few times now so I guess I should make a polite correction- only one "r"!
Thanks, Daren (you're not the first nor the last, I've seen every spelling you can imagine)

What a fun airframe this is going to be. Now I can see what all the hype is about.

Sorry Daren! Yeah, this plane is a blast! Wait 'till you get comfy and bring her down low!

dth7

Sorry Daren! Yeah, this plane is a blast! Wait 'till you get comfy and bring her down low!
No sorry necessary (blame my parents!) That should be the next flight! (getting low) I don't know why I stayed up so high? Didn't really need to. I think that little camera makes it look higher too. Very little trimming at all and I couldn't see much coupling either. Maybe it was the unfamiliar field. Nice but it sits up on a hill so there is very little tree line reference, strange (for us in the NE to have an unobstructed view), This and the 48" frames (I think they are the most common out there) will be the "guinea pigs" for the workup to the new 3D competition sequences. It is coming along. Cody is wrapped up with the release of the TH Crack Laser, wait til you see the vid he filmed the other night- he's a machine! So, when that settles we will be into this new idea, shooting for a fall event.

gyro

GSN Contributor
No sorry necessary (blame my parents!) That should be the next flight! (getting low) I don't know why I stayed up so high? Didn't really need to. I think that little camera makes it look higher too. Very little trimming at all and I couldn't see much coupling either. Maybe it was the unfamiliar field. Nice but it sits up on a hill so there is very little tree line reference, strange (for us in the NE to have an unobstructed view), This and the 48" frames (I think they are the most common out there) will be the "guinea pigs" for the workup to the new 3D competition sequences. It is coming along. Cody is wrapped up with the release of the TH Crack Laser, wait til you see the vid he filmed the other night- he's a machine! So, when that settles we will be into this new idea, shooting for a fall event.

Why wait for the fall? Enter the 3DRCF-38 in July!

dth7

Why wait for the fall? Enter the 3DRCF-38 in July!

I'm going to have to check the scheduling, believe me that's on the radar. I'm going to try to come with a couple other guys. It does sound great. If those D35 ever hit production I'll get some practice in on the 78 before July.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm going to have to check the scheduling, believe me that's on the radar. I'm going to try to come with a couple other guys. It does sound great. If those D35 ever hit production I'll get some practice in on the 78 before July.

I'll be there too rooting for everyone!
We may have an update on the DA35 from our Weak Signals show coverage.
Stay tuned!

m0dest

30cc
figured I would shamelessly plug my pond flight. Took a couple months to finally get the field to myself to hit up the pond.

I have to admit I haven't been flying the 60" all that much this winter. The foamies have kept me pretty content and I had to get used to being smooth again.
I was all over the place the flight before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utPanf9LnHE

gyro

GSN Contributor
figured I would shamelessly plug my pond flight. Took a couple months to finally get the field to myself to hit up the pond.

I have to admit I haven't been flying the 60" all that much this winter. The foamies have kept me pretty content and I had to get used to being smooth again.

Nice flying!! Really enjoy the ripples in the water on the throttle punches while you're hovering. Great video :D

dth7

Nice, I think I saw that somewhere else. Great site. Like the frog cheering section too!