• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Extra 300 EXP

gyro

GSN Contributor
Mine holds KE no problem, no SFG's. I am barely getting 45 degrees of rudder, too. I need to switch out the stock Hitec arm for a bit longer one. Pop tops and tumbles are kinda weak with small rudder throws.

The big difference for me was that it was "easier" and more stable with them on, IMO

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
I'm running the 6 s 3300 s about 1/2-3/4" fwd of the tube and its pretty stable with KE and KE loops. How about the "walls" and pop tops with this thing. Really awesome airframe. Still looking for the sweet spot but I'm real close and having a blast. I practiced some IMAC with it and it really draws nice lines too. Tried without the sfgs and its nice with "naked tips" too.

I find with mine, that without the sfg's, rolls and snaps are very crisp and each point in 4 point and two point rolls is very sharp.
With the sfg's it does the aggressive tumbles, pop tops, crankshafts etc with more control but loses some of that crispness with the rolls.

Post stall flying it definitely responds much better with the sfg's for most things, one of my favourites is with inverted harrier, a kinda inverted snap back to inverted harrier. With the sfg's on it requires only small snap inputs to make this happen, and without it is almost impossible. I have tried this a few times and without them on this move almost always doesn't complete.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
that reminds me, this extra does some of the best 45degree downline snaps of any plane i have ever had. it was so enjoyable to do them i did it for almost an entire pack

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
that reminds me, this extra does some of the best 45degree downline snaps of any plane i have ever had. it was so enjoyable to do them i did it for almost an entire pack

If the 91" flys anything as well as the 60" extra I'm gonna be a happy man.

As much as I love the 60" edge, this extra is sooooo sweet to fly.

Have to be carful on KE with SFG's if you apply too much elevator I've found it tends to snap out occasionally. But then again the elevator has soo much authority that I get carried away at times.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Well, I "broke in" my 60" yesterday! Dumb thumbed a low outside snap low after an inside snap without the energy in a pretty good tailwind. However, big however. These airframes impress the hell out of me- thanks Chris n Co. I smacked a 48 MXS pretty good a few weeks ago and very little damage compared to crash) and now this. For an inverted, nose down rotating and slightly flat contact with grass I had a broken prop, small crack in cowl, tint crack in spinner, a small (2") compression in rudder, batt tray and several formers cracked under canopy. That's it! If I was really pressed I could have flown it again at the field! Amazing- no damage to wings, sfgs, canopy or gear. I would have put money on a popped wing and sfg or canopy. Back together better than new now. Extreme Flight= EXTREME PERFORMANCE, EXTREME FUN, EXTREME DURABILITY!

Feral

dth7 there durable allright I've cartwheeled my old 74" yak down the strip 4 times the worst damage is a paint chip on the cowl. Bloody tough mate

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
What's everyone running for props on the torque motor (stock setup)? I had a 15x8 Xoar and broke it. Going to try 15x7 Protek. Getting 1500 W and 65A out of it on the meter.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
15x8 Xoar is the way to go. Another good option is the Aeronaut 15x8 which will push you closer to 1700 watts and get more speed but it's not necessary IMO.

hone

150cc
+1 on the Xoar 15x8(or falcon, i like falcon props too :) )

If you have the Torque MKII than you can run a 16x7 or 16x8 but i liked the 15x8 most.