• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Extra 300 EXP

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
trying to decide which plane to get. have a full setup for a ~60" plane, motrolfly 4315-480, some xoar props, 6s2600 packs, and just went back to the LHS and traded in my spektrum servos for some hitec 7245's. really liking the extra as well as the laser. will the plane balance well with the 6s2600 packs and servo in the rear?

skibum44

70cc twin V2
trying to decide which plane to get. have a full setup for a ~60" plane, motrolfly 4315-480, some xoar props, 6s2600 packs, and just went back to the LHS and traded in my spektrum servos for some hitec 7245's. really liking the extra as well as the laser. will the plane balance well with the 6s2600 packs and servo in the rear?

It will balance fine with 2600s... my 3300s are at the wing tube for neutral and 2600s aren't to far in front of it with the same setup. It does low and slow fine with the 2600s, but the high energy stuff is better with the 3300s. I run mainly 3000 and 3300s. Your gonna love the 7245s... super fast and strong, how you going to power them? With the 4315-480 I was seeing 1775 watts peak with 16x8 Xoar... Tried the 15x10 APC and was seeing about the same power and was very fast. I opted for the 16x8 for pull outs and ease for post stall.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
It will balance fine with 2600s... my 3300s are at the wing tube for neutral and 2600s aren't to far in front of it with the same setup. It does low and slow fine with the 2600s, but the high energy stuff is better with the 3300s. I run mainly 3000 and 3300s. Your gonna love the 7245s... super fast and strong, how you going to power them? With the 4315-480 I was seeing 1775 watts peak with 16x8 Xoar... Tried the 15x10 APC and was seeing about the same power and was very fast. I opted for the 16x8 for pull outs and ease for post stall.

i planned on running the servos through the internal bec on the ice lite i have, probably 8.5v. i also was planning on using a 15x7 or 15x8 prop for less torque and longer flight times, but im always open to try new props. i am not too worried about the high energy stuff, im more of a precision mixed with low and slow type of guy which im hoping this size plane can fit nicely with my 65 vyper for a change of pace, and eventually get a few bigger things.

skibum44

70cc twin V2
i planned on running the servos through the internal bec on the ice lite i have, probably 8.5v. i also was planning on using a 15x7 or 15x8 prop for less torque and longer flight times, but im always open to try new props. i am not too worried about the high energy stuff, im more of a precision mixed with low and slow type of guy which im hoping this size plane can fit nicely with my 65 vyper for a change of pace, and eventually get a few bigger things.

15x8 will give you almost 1400 watts at almost a 2:1 thrust to weight ratio, and should give you respectable flight times with the 2600's. If you are into precision the Extra is definitely a good way to go, and it hangs with the best of them low and slow too.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
15x8 will give you almost 1400 watts at almost a 2:1 thrust to weight ratio, and should give you respectable flight times with the 2600's. If you are into precision the Extra is definitely a good way to go, and it hangs with the best of them low and slow too.

yeah that should be way more than enough power. ive gotten into adequately powered lately instead of massively over powered, just because for me it is more manageable and gives me more control and smooths out the plane. also less power is more difficult to get into trouble down low haha

skibum44

70cc twin V2
yeah that should be way more than enough power. ive gotten into adequately powered lately instead of massively over powered, just because for me it is more manageable and gives me more control and smooths out the plane. also less power is more difficult to get into trouble down low haha

LOL... but its easier to get out of it if you get in it. I prefer overpowered.:flyer:

m0dest

30cc
I want to try a 6s setup.

I pretty much have only flown the 60" on my 5S Hacker setup. But it's spinning a fatty carbon 16x8 prop with no issues.

I have a few Haiyin 3s 3300mah packs I could run in series and I actually have a 15x6 Xoar that I bought thinking I was going with a Torque setup when I bought the plane. Looks like it will be pushing a little less watts, the motor should handle it. It barely gets warm up here.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I want to try a 6s setup.

I pretty much have only flown the 60" on my 5S Hacker setup. But it's spinning a fatty carbon 16x8 prop with no issues.

I have a few Haiyin 3s 3300mah packs I could run in series and I actually have a 15x6 Xoar that I bought thinking I was going with a Torque setup when I bought the plane. Looks like it will be pushing a little less watts, the motor should handle it. It barely gets warm up here.

Go for it! 6s and a 15" rock on this plane. Let us know how it goes :)