• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Extra 300 EXP

m0dest

30cc
Nice flying!! Really enjoy the ripples in the water on the throttle punches while you're hovering. Great video :D

Thanks!! Going to try to get some more video when the weather lets up. The iphone only does so good a job. Need to invest in a decent camcorder. That 60" is my basically my first balsa plane. Maiden was July 4th 2012. Flew a scratch built flat foamy for a couple months before that and started with a micro Trojan T-28 I got around January I think, then I got a GP 55" Extra 300SP in February that burnt up 2 minutes into flight. Bad ESC or Motor. After waiting 3 months for warranty replacement on the ESC I did a search on 60" class 3D/Precision planes and found Extreme Flight and 3DHS and decided on EF.

Couldn't be happier. Can't believe it made it the first couple flights. I literally could not land...took a few passes to get her down. The Micro Trojan was the only other thing I had landed that had landing gears.

I'm hooked now though.

Nice, I think I saw that somewhere else. Great site. Like the frog cheering section too!

He was a noisy little guy. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Well, you've certainly come a long way! Great job. Only took a few planes to find precision and 3D nervana!

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
finally got out to maiden my 60 extra. what a great flying plane. it was a tad bit windy, but i really like it. not too comfortable with KE flight with this plane (probably because the other plane i had out was my 65 vyper which is the king of KE flight), but holy cow is this extra easy to pop into a hover

gyro

GSN Contributor
finally got out to maiden my 60 extra. what a great flying plane. it was a tad bit windy, but i really like it. not too comfortable with KE flight with this plane (probably because the other plane i had out was my 65 vyper which is the king of KE flight), but holy cow is this extra easy to pop into a hover

How is your CG? I found the KE to be relatively stable with a tiny bit of mixing, at right around 5mm forward of neutral.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
How is your CG? I found the KE to be relatively stable with a tiny bit of mixing, at right around 5mm forward of neutral.

i ended up moving my 6s3300 packs about 1 or 2 inches in front of the wing tube. inverted is level, so might need to go a bit more forward. knife edge needs mixing

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
i ended up moving my 6s3300 packs about 1 or 2 inches in front of the wing tube. inverted is level, so might need to go a bit more forward. knife edge needs mixing

I'm running the 6 s 3300 s about 1/2-3/4" fwd of the tube and its pretty stable with KE and KE loops. How about the "walls" and pop tops with this thing. Really awesome airframe. Still looking for the sweet spot but I'm real close and having a blast. I practiced some IMAC with it and it really draws nice lines too. Tried without the sfgs and its nice with "naked tips" too.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
yeah i didnt get a chance to put the sfg's on yet. its just such a pain to transport the wings with the sfg's on

quadracer

100cc
Mine holds KE no problem, no SFG's. I am barely getting 45 degrees of rudder, too. I need to switch out the stock Hitec arm for a bit longer one. Pop tops and tumbles are kinda weak with small rudder throws.