• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Extra 300 EXP

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Funny how that works... I prefer the extra over the edge, I got some time on the 60" MXS but its not mine so I couldn't really ring it out so... Can't fully say I like it better.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Funny how that works... I prefer the extra over the edge, I got some time on the 60" MXS but its not mine so I couldn't really ring it out so... Can't fully say I like it better.

you still flying the snot out of your 48" MXS?

I think a lot of our preferences come down to flying style, and ability. For me, Extras elluded me for a while, as they were harder to harrier for me. Hence, my preference for Edges. The MXS, well, it's in a category of its own!

Either way, the 60" Extra was an awesomely fun airplane, and when I got it, I sold my 59" Slick right away. While the 59" was a great precision airplane, I felt like the 60" Extra 3D'd much better.

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Couple of videos I did weekend before last. First one is with a GoPro and second is with a iPhone 5.
Watch in 720P
[video=youtube;bmXscExYU2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmXscExYU2A[/video]
[video=youtube;7JCLooW9Le4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JCLooW9Le4[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

skibum44

70cc twin V2
you still flying the snot out of your 48" MXS?

I think a lot of our preferences come down to flying style, and ability. For me, Extras elluded me for a while, as they were harder to harrier for me. Hence, my preference for Edges. The MXS, well, it's in a category of its own!

Either way, the 60" Extra was an awesomely fun airplane, and when I got it, I sold my 59" Slick right away. While the 59" was a great precision airplane, I felt like the 60" Extra 3D'd much better.

No more MXS (RIP)... I did throw the gear in a 48" EF Edge RWB, I did like the 48" MXS better. All of the EF planes I have flown harrier'd well... edge is definitely the most stable, but the others are not to far behind it. Love the lines the 60" Extra cuts in the sky and the 3D ability is top notch. If I kill my slick I will probably put the gear in a 78" MXS, since its pushing over 3000 watts... but will have Ken rewind the motor to spin a 22" prop if that was the case. Maybe after it comes out I could really get brave with the slick.:cool:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Couple of videos I did weekend before last. First one is with a GoPro and second is with a iPhone 5.
Watch in 720P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmXscExYU2A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JCLooW9Le4

No more MXS (RIP)... I did throw the gear in a 48" EF Edge RWB, I did like the 48" MXS better. All of the EF planes I have flown harrier'd well... edge is definitely the most stable, but the others are not to far behind it. Love the lines the 60" Extra cuts in the sky and the 3D ability is top notch. If I kill my slick I will probably put the gear in a 78" MXS, since its pushing over 3000 watts... but will have Ken rewind the motor to spin a 22" prop if that was the case. Maybe after it comes out I could really get brave with the slick.:cool:

Sorry about the baby MXS. Mine (74 flights prior to sale) is still my record holder for most flights on an airframe. I suspect my 64" will pass it one day. I can't wait for the 78" MXS either, however I'll be holding out for the gas version.

Yeah, the extra draws some amazingly sweet lines, and definitely has absolute precision!

SnowDog

nice flying Bryan!
I assume you are using a TX Mitt? If so, can you take a pic of it?
That 60" EXP is one sweet flying bird!

skibum44

70cc twin V2
I wasn't flying with one at the time, but I do own one. I use it below zero, above 0F I use cotton gloves with the thumbs cut off.

Nothing fancy
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363033543.410878.jpg

SnowDog

awesome...I keep thinking about getting one of these for the winter time...but by the time I get to thinking "I should get one of these"...winter is over and spring is around the corner, so I put it off for another year. ;)